Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Token System in place - going live within 24 hrs - THIS WILL PROBABLY AFFECT YOU!

Ladies and Gents,

The token system is about to be set live. Up to now, those of you who have recently joined the class have been enjoying "free" access to all of the videos without worry of the token system.

For those of you who have forgotten or are oblivious, here is the original write-up for the Token System taken from the first article over the MMO, available here:

There’s another important aspect of the releases for this MMO that I also need to get across fairly early on. As I mentioned earlier, we’re limiting seating for this class, rather than just handing it out to all Member Sponsors. But along with that, I don’t want someone to be able to jump into the class in a few months (provided a seat opened up for some reason) and just be able to either skip through sections or to just cram into a few weeks what their colleagues have had to subscribe to months of our service just to access.

So to combat this issue we’re incorporating what we’re referring to as a “token system.” Simply put, each month of Member Sponsorship access you pay for provides you with one token. Each token unlocks a single month’s worth of training in the MMO class. This means that if you joined the class 3 months from now, you’d start off at the beginning, but those who had been in the class the whole time would be 3 months ahead of you.

However, this doesn’t mean you can’t catch back up. You could pick up an annual Member Sponsorship, which would provide you with enough tokens to unlock a year’s worth of content, which should allow you to catch up in your own time if you so desired. We just feel that it isn’t fair to those who’ve been running with the class the whole time to have someone come in late, skip a number of months’ worth of subscription fees, and thereby get some sort of discount. I know that if I was a student who’d been there from day 1, I’d get pretty mad to see someone come in 6 months down the road and start getting the same lectures I am, even though I’ve paid more than $200 more to get to that point.
    What does this mean for you?

Well, it depends on when you signed up.

If you were added to the class prior to the 1 month mark (March 7), then you should have all 3 tokens and won't experience any significant changes.

If you signed up during the second month, (Between March 7 and April 7) then you should have 2 tokens, but you may not yet have the third token, depending on your next charge date.

If you signed up after April 7, then you probably only have 1 token right now, meaning you will not be able to view Months 2 or 3.

Those of you who have made a quarterly/bi-annual/annual purchase of MS will have the appropriate number of tokens added before the system goes live.

I will be making an update post in this thread once everything is set active. At that point, if you lose access to videos that you think you should be able to see, just PM me and we'll look into it.

I'm sorry if this poses any inconvenience whatsoever, but we're already 3 months ($105) into the class and this is the only way we can keep it fair for everyone.

Thanks all, and please PM me with any questions!

Zak

Is there a option where I can show off how many tokens I have got?

Nice to see that the system is going to be up and running soon. I had completely forgotten about it :P

This system does make it fair for all of us and 3d Buzz.. So what if there is a little hiccup period!

Good luck with going live!

Hmm good thing I keep paying. Glad you got it finally going live. Must have been interesting to get it set up.
    Would be cool if the new people (and i guess older members) will see where they are in the listing of how many they have.
    Please let me know when we are going to have some fun so I can pay attention.

I thought that those who came in in the second opening of the class would have the benefit to access Month 1 before going over to Month 2 and that those won't be behind the schedule. Am i mistaken?

Anyway it's fine for me, because it's still pretty fair.

I also think it is fair. Would be nice to have some visual reference to the number of tokens each class member has.
    Houdini Student

Cool deal, Can't wait to figure out if I have two or three tokens. I'm pretty sure I got all three but can't remember anyways by the time I get caught up I'm pretty sure my next bill cycle will have gone through.
    The Boston Buzz - 3D Buzz User Group

"I will not listen to your game idea, I absolutely would love to play your game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hangout View Post
    I thought that those who came in in the second opening of the class would have the benefit to access Month 1 before going over to Month 2 and that those won't be behind the schedule. Am i mistaken?

Anyway it's fine for me, because it's still pretty fair.
    Again, once the system goes live, if you lose access to videos that you think you should be able to see, just PM me and we'll look into it.

The system is now completely live. Again, if you suddenly lose access to videos you sincerely believe you should be able to see, then PM me.

I've just checked mine as i was one of the people who joined between the 7th March & 7th April and everything is just fine, i have access to all 3 Chapters.

Good job on such a clean implementation (from my perspective)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast