Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Contest - PhotoFX #1

I have really missed the old PhotoCHOP contests that used to be here and I have seen several of you mention it as well. After lots of thinking about it I finally decided to do something about it. There will be a few changes though so I decided to rename it as well. I am hoping that with the change in rules there will be more people interested in joining and we can avoid some of the problems in the past. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Rules
    * Use the provided photos to create a new image. There will be 3 photos provided each time and you must use something from at least 2 of them. You may add as much of your own content as you would like but must integrate at least 2 of the originals in some way. Be creative!

* The final image must be a still image but may be created using any digital method. You may use any 3D or 2D software and you may integrate the original photos in any way you can imagine. For instance it could be a texture on a 3D object or a digitally painted version of the photos.

* You will have approximately 2 weeks to complete your entry. All entries posted in this thread by midnight on the closing date, displayed in the post, will be entered into a poll for everyone to vote on. The voting post will go up shortly after the closing date.

* Please abide by all 3DBuzz forum rules.

* Participants are STRONGLY encouraged to post a Work In Progress thread. Let’s use this as a learning tool as well as for fun.

CLOSING DATE April 28, 2011

I hope that this contest can be fun and educational for the 3DBuzz community. If any of you have photos that they would like to be used in future contests please PM me and I will tell you how to send them to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original_1a.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	578.5 KB 
ID:	71567   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original_1b.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	823.3 KB 
ID:	71568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original_1c.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	639.0 KB 
ID:	71569  

Ok, I'm in! Work my sad Photoshop skills back into form!
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

Plan to be fashionably late in this contest as well? But yeah, I'll join in on the fun. Need to find my photoshop skills first though.
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

It's great to have you in! My photoshop skills are pretty rusty as well.

I'm imagining the horrors the three of us can conjure up with our photoshop skills Hopefully more will state their intentions on joining in
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clone3d View Post
    Plan to be fashionably late in this contest as well?
    Is there any other way?

Two weeks? We get more time for the photography competition.
    Read my Webcomic:
    maytiacomic.com
    Check up on my progress at:
    marscaleb.com

I am open to feedback on the time limit for future contests. I have mixed feelings about it. Most of the time I prefer a longer time but I know from experience that I usually do most of the work in the last couple days no matter how much time I have to start with. Maybe I'm the only one like that As I have watched competitions come and fade on many forums, it has seemed to me that the longer the deadline the quicker they fade. I think maybe one reason for is that if the subject is not interesting for someone they will stick around for a short while until the next one starts but if it is a long time hey just go somewhere else. Another thing is that form experience I know that if I am given a long timeline I plan out something that is too big because "I have lots of time" and in the end almost never end up finishing. I work best in a crunch. If I am too busy I don't mind waiting for the next one as long as I know it will be soon.
    I know there are many personalities and experiences so I am interested in what the rest of you have to say! Maybe we could vary the length of them?

This looks like a very interesting contest. I can't do it, but I'll be watching what you all come up with!
    Please let me know when we are going to have some fun so I can pay attention.

I'm good with two weeks, if it's to long, I forget about it and miss everything entirely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast