Thread: UIScene problem

UIScene problem

I am trying to go through the UI scene tutorial but I can't create a new UI scene because it doesn't pop up in the right click menu. Is there something I have to do to get UIscenes to show up?

Also, has anyone used data from a database in the UDK? I want to have a large sample of questions to use in the game and would like to do this with a database. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to go about doing this?

Thank you,

T-Gunn
    "Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" - Confucius
    "I see and I forget, I hear and I remember, I do and I understand" - Confucius
    "My mom didn't see the irony in calling me a son-of-a-b**ch" -- Jack Nicholson
    "'Con' is the opposite of 'Pro',so that makes congress the opposite of progress"

Plenty of people are having issues with UIScenes as they got removed to make way for the Flash/Scaleform so for UI I would look in that direction

as for the DB stuff I think its a cross between UDK's Unreal script and SQL
    http://udkc.info/index.php?title=Tut...tabase_for_UDK
    Found that on google, hope it is of help
    Programming:
    C++ (Win32 and MFC), Perl, OpenGL, OpenGL ES 2, Cobol, Javascript/Jquery/ExtJS4, DirectX 10, VB6, XHTML, PHP, CSS, SQL, XML, C# (Basic), Unreal Script (Basic), XNA (Basic)

Modelling:
    3DsMax, Maya, Zbrush

Game Engines:
    Unreal Development Kit, Unity

Other:
    Photoshop, Flash/Scaleform

Thank you for the link. I appreciate it that should help. I did read about someone writing a dll to use an sql database and it looks like this is a wiki article about it.

We had no idea that uiscenes were dropped for flash/scaleform thank you. Well either go back to a version that has uiscenes or use flash/scaleform.
    "Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" - Confucius
    "I see and I forget, I hear and I remember, I do and I understand" - Confucius
    "My mom didn't see the irony in calling me a son-of-a-b**ch" -- Jack Nicholson
    "'Con' is the opposite of 'Pro',so that makes congress the opposite of progress"

my suggestion is go forward to flash/scaleform, it will take a day if that to learn how it works and how to use it

Hope you find what you need
    Programming:
    C++ (Win32 and MFC), Perl, OpenGL, OpenGL ES 2, Cobol, Javascript/Jquery/ExtJS4, DirectX 10, VB6, XHTML, PHP, CSS, SQL, XML, C# (Basic), Unreal Script (Basic), XNA (Basic)

Modelling:
    3DsMax, Maya, Zbrush

Game Engines:
    Unreal Development Kit, Unity

Other:
    Photoshop, Flash/Scaleform