Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mol3rs View Post
    Oh dear. I've been on facebook too long. I wanted to like this post ^
    I actually do have a facebook account but I just don't get around to using it. Maybe I'll use it more but I could never really see the point. I've got enough things that kill my time. I don't need another.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    The hell with facebook; join 3d buzz instead.

Quote Originally Posted by smjones View Post
    I actually do have a facebook account but I just don't get around to using it. Maybe I'll use it more but I could never really see the point.
    Glad it's not just me, then...
    Last edited by fatgav; 03-17-2011 at 01:44 PM.

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

Quote Originally Posted by fatgav View Post
    Glad it's not just me, then...

But seriously, I hope we aren't required to facebook in order to find out important things for 3DBuzz.

I don't use Facebook as much as most people, but I use it mainly for things I like etc. Nearly everything is on facebook, including 3DBuzz, and it's just easier on there for me to have a central spot for information on all things I'm interested in, instead of having to open up websites all the time.

But seriously, I hope we aren't required to facebook in order to find out important things for 3DBuzz.
    its been starting to look that way lately
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Guys, before you start sadfacing all over the place, please think about this for a moment. We have, for years now, struggled to get the word out about 3D Buzz. Whether or not you like/dislike (ha!) Facebook, you've got to realize that it's generally one of the 5 most visited sites on Planet Earth right now. It makes a lot of sense for us to run promotionals there and to use it as a venue to grab folks' attention. I know full well that lots of you out there shun it - and in many cases for no other reason than its sheer popularity, since if the so-called "stupid masses" like any given thing then it follows that this thing is by implication also "stupid"* - but it makes a lot of sense for us to utilize it as best we can.

*I'm not pointing fingers... just something I've seen when talking to people about widely popular concepts. I'm guilty of it myself sometimes, but eventually you just have to realize that whether or not you like something doesn't mean it's not an incredibly smart way to approach a problem. In this case, that problem is just spreading the word. Facebook is smart for us as so many people tie into it, as well as Twitter, so it becomes an easy venue for getting a lot of people's attention very quickly.

As for a requirement, of course we require no such thing. Anyone who keeps up with 3D Buzz by way of our radio shows and forum posts always knows what's going on. Still, you can't fault us for using one of the world's largest online communities as a way to make special attraction announcements.

Well a reason for using the facebook page was to have a feed that people could subscribe to on the front page of 3D Buzz. If you've missed any info then you missed it on the front page. But the main thing to remember is that facebook is a means to drive traffic to 3dbuzz not the other way around. It just makes sense to be represented on a site where half the planet visits for news updates. All the news that goes on facebook is copied and linked straight from the forums so you're not going to miss anything important.

But you're not going to get the same tidbits of community commentary if you're not on facebook. That's just the way it is. If you don't want to use youtube you won't be able to subscribe to the 3D Buzz videos on there. If you don't want to use flash you won't be able to watch the videos here. If you don't want to use facebook you won't be subscribed to the same social updates that others are.

It' just an alternate channel of communication running in parallel with the site

Quote Originally Posted by Toastage View Post
    It' just an alternate channel of communication running in parallel with the site
    Ah but there's the rub... By running a draw on facebook giving access to 3dbuzz content before 3dbuzz member sponsors get access to it, the above statement is no longer true.

As I've said before; I'm all for promoting 3dbuzz as much as possible &, y'know, it's not like there's a shortage of content available right now. Still; that's how I feel on this subject.

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

I fully understand the use of facebook and what it is good for but for me is seems a bit backwards as in promotional usage. seems you tell the facebookers to checkout the great promotional stuff go to the forum. but since I am not a facebooker my vision in that area is a bit limited and if listening to the shows and keeping up with the forum is good enough then I am happy
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

It's funny how this thread is titled: "So, who were the lucky 5 Winners" and we have yet to hear who the lucky 5 were.
    Unless I missed it.
    " Imagination is the preview of life's coming attractions " - Albert Einstein
    " If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

My Website: http://www.gamedevlounge.com/

If any post is informative please provide positive feedback by clicking the star below.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast