Elythian incomplete concept art PSD download

http://www.3dbuzz.com/zak/mmo/elythianconcept_1.rar

This will allow you to download the incomplete concept art piece that was shown during Meeting 6. Enjoy! Feel free to play, paint on it, or do whatever. (Just don't go trying to pass it off to someone else as yours... )

Zak

Yeah, I am definitely digging this look Zak. It is funny how similar our minds were each going on the look of the head. I really liked the idea of a sloped back head that kind of stuck out in the back, and you came up with the same basic concept on your own. Not only did I want pointy ears, but I wanted them to be larger and more pronounced than Vulcan ears, and so did you it would seem. I had even thought of doing a kind of flattened out, different kind of nose, but I thought that might be pushing it too far, as far as making it look too alien. I was even thinking about a very light blueish tint to their skin, but then I feared I might be trying to make the Avatar race.

It is funny, because you were the one that said you didn't want them to look too alien back when we started out, and then you turn around and come up with a concept more alien than anyone else so far. But I think it is a good thing. I also understand how the mind can shift on things as a creative project progresses. The project its self takes on a kind of life of its own, and it seems to ask for things.

One thing I have been thinking about is the nose. I think we should play with it more and figure out how different noses will work. What I mean is, people have all different kinds of noses, and that adds a lot of character, and helps give a different look to people. If every Elythian has the exact same flat nose it may make them look a bit similar to each other. I know that there are other features that can be altered, of course. I am just saying that different noses would help. I mean maybe some are not quite as flat, and maybe some are wider. I am just not sure how strict you are wanting to be with the nose, but then again, I guess it never hurts to try something and then show it just in case.

Anyway, I will try and play around with it too, as soon as I have time to spend on drawing more.

I'll see what I can come up with too.
    ( ! ) Assets/_Scripts/TP_Camera.cs(50,35): BCE0000: WTF?

It is funny, because you were the one that said you didn't want them to look too alien back when we started out, and then you turn around and come up with a concept more alien than anyone else so far.
    Yeah, but to ME, this is "too alien."

LOL. OK, I see now Zak. That is a very helpful reference place to work from in the future.

I dunno, there's some charm to it . .

Dangerous. Mute. Lunatic.
    <Toastage>: and you're like "Ey Joe it is Smismar, I am belgium, ishn't that veird. Fix mai internetz or I cut you yehs?"

Okay, I admit it. I lol'd.
    ( ! ) Assets/_Scripts/TP_Camera.cs(50,35): BCE0000: WTF?

The 3-finger hand shape in this concept reminds me of the hand design for DeVito's Penguin in Burton's second Batman movie.

To me, his left hand looks too much like a human deformity compared to the squared/knobby ninja turtle hands that are more visible in his right hand pose. Might want to make the fingers more articulated and less fused-together or flipper-y, especially if there will be ring equip slots.

Too alien? As I see it, that was dead on alien, nothing "too" about it Aliens are cool. As is a fez.
    Last edited by mikesdk; 04-24-2011 at 09:15 AM.