Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wacom Cintiq

Wacom Cintiq

Does anyone know if there is anything close to this in a laptop/tablet form? A buddy of mine suggested a Ipad and autodesk sketchbook app but I didnt like it when he showed it to me. I like sketchbook and have used it for some time now but I didnt like it on the Ipad. Link for anyone not sure of what im talking about.

http://www.wacom.com/cintiq/cintiq-12wx.php

Im learning to draw, view my progress and tell me what u think
    http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=151206

The cintiq looks cool but I have both a Intuos and a Bamboo and love them both. I use the Bamboo with my Macbook and it sits over the keyboard without touching the keys.
    And I thought I was going to have an issue with wanting to look at the tablet not the screen but you get over that real fast.

I have a Intuos already and I love it, but the less things I have to carry the better. Space, can at times be a factor, so being able to draw on the screen itself would be helpful.

True I was just thinking on the cost.

I remember reading a thread on cgtalk few years back about Toshiba tablet PCs (laptops with displays you could turn around and close) which used Wacom's pens. Opinions varied on how good they were for drawing.

Oh and after looking it seems that the cintiq needs to be connected to a pc it is not a standalone device but I could be wrong.
    So that still brings me to the Bamboo great for a laptop on the go.

Althought TabletPC flopped as a concept, there are still some PC laptops available that have pen digitizers on the screen as well as touch sensitivity.

True and with the Android OS you will see more in the way of sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by rhm View Post
    Althought TabletPC flopped as a concept, there are still some PC laptops available that have pen digitizers on the screen as well as touch sensitivity.
    Can you lead me to the ones with touch sensitivity?

Quote Originally Posted by Matroblend View Post
    Oh and after looking it seems that the cintiq needs to be connected to a pc it is not a standalone device but I could be wrong.
    So that still brings me to the Bamboo great for a laptop on the go.
    Yeah, its considered a 2nd monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by spz View Post
    I remember reading a thread on cgtalk few years back about Toshiba tablet PCs (laptops with displays you could turn around and close) which used Wacom's pens. Opinions varied on how good they were for drawing.
    If its wacom tech that would be nice but it doesnt have to be, a laptop with a turn around screen would be nice to have vs a tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Matroblend View Post
    True I was just thinking on the cost.
    Cost is not a issue as I do not need it right now and I can wait till I have the cash on hand.

I have an old Toshiba Portege tablet PC that has the Wacom thing integrated but it's old and its screen is only a 16bit display which totally sucks for doing any kind of graphical work on it so I don't really like it that much. It's really not a good Cintiq substitute.

It's better than the iPad though that thing is terrible for drawing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast