Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Problem Unity CreatingCharacterPrefab set TPose

Anyone else got this problem?

In Unity TPCS_S04_CreatingcharacterPrefab. When they set up the animations they set the TPose as start and end 0. It won’t let me put a zero in the end pose it keeps defaulting back to 1

It does that for me too. I couldn't find anything regarding a "fix" or change to this behavior in the Unity change log for the recent versions.

Good. I was just going to post this ?. Thanks for doing it for me.
    It did it also for me.
    Hopefully we will get an answer as to the "fix" around for that.
    Please let me know when we are going to have some fun so I can pay attention.

I was looking for a fix too, for some reason my jumping and sliding is not working correctly, and I believe it's because of T-Pose and Idle being stuck on 1. I could be wrong on that but I'd like to know a fix as well.

I take it that you got much further then I did. Sure it would effect the ragdoll too.

I hope to get back at it tonight once things settle at my house.
    Maybe Lee or Zak will post with an answer.
    Please let me know when we are going to have some fun so I can pay attention.

Yeah I've finished the videos last night, I thought maybe the fix would have come later on in the videos but never saw anything. It may not even need a fix, all my animations were working until I programmed in my Landing & Sliding animations. Could be something on my end as well. Going to implement the Death and Climbing and see if I can come up with a fix as well.

I don't think the TPose being 1 frame longer would affect anything. You're not actually "playing" the TPose animation. As far as I know, it's just used to make it easy to set up the ragdoll, and the animations are all ditched on the ragdoll prefab anyways. So, unless I'm missing something, it shouldn't be an issue. All my animations seem to be working as well as in the videos. My sliding behavior is acting weird, but I'm sure that's something separate.

Makes sense what you're saying mute. I think people just want to make sure of it, and I'm curious most of all as to why it won't allow it to be set to 0, but Lee could.

Quote Originally Posted by mute209 View Post
    I don't think the TPose being 1 frame longer would affect anything. You're not actually "playing" the TPose animation. As far as I know, it's just used to make it easy to set up the ragdoll, and the animations are all ditched on the ragdoll prefab anyways. So, unless I'm missing something, it shouldn't be an issue. All my animations seem to be working as well as in the videos. My sliding behavior is acting weird, but I'm sure that's something separate.
    Well as long as this got brought up I wanted to see if anyone else sees this weird thing. When she runs she does a little jiggle at the transition between the end and start position. Basically her running sequence doesn't look continuous. Or at least that's what it looks like. I've gone as far as deleting her out and starting over. I still get the the jiggle. Anyone else see this?

I think I see the problem (at least with mine). I created a game object from Shanna_All_Anims and set the default animation sequence to the Running animation. That way it just plays when running the game. So she's running in place basically and that makes it easy to do the next thing. I then paused the game and hit step until I went through all frames of the animation. I saw that at the end of the run sequence she started to stand back straight up. What helped was to change the Start position from 401 to 403. She looks much better when running.

I also found that walkbackwards looks continuous when its 418 to 461 not 462.

Ok so I'm new to all this. Is there some setting in my Unity setup that is wrong such that it caused me to have to compensate by tweaking the animation play back?
    Last edited by smjones; 03-02-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast