Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No it's just what your eye sees to look the best. They set it up to what they think looks the best, but you may think it looks better with it cut off quicker.

This to the best of my knowledge something that has changed with the newer versions of Unity since these videos were recorded. The only reason there is even an animation with the T-Pose was so that the character model came in initially in a T-Pose for rigging the ragdoll. The character that was created for those video has automatically change to have its end frame at 1 and it doesn't seem to affect the system at all since that animation should never be run.

Thank you Lee.
    Just the information we needed.
    Please let me know when we are going to have some fun so I can pay attention.

Appreciate it Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by chronos78 View Post
    This to the best of my knowledge something that has changed with the newer versions of Unity since these videos were recorded. The only reason there is even an animation with the T-Pose was so that the character model came in initially in a T-Pose for rigging the ragdoll. The character that was created for those video has automatically change to have its end frame at 1 and it doesn't seem to affect the system at all since that animation should never be run.
    Yes, the TPose at 0-1 didn't seem to affect any of the animations. I figured it had something to do with later versions of Unity.

Lee and Zak, if you look back up a couple posts to one where I explain that some animations didn't look right so I had to change the start and end frames, could you comment on why the animations might be different? I'm baffled. Adding to this I recently noticed the RunLand animation Shanna does a weird leg twitch in one of the frames if you play it back. I'm fine with this knowing that all this is for the purpose of us learning. But again if you guys could explain why some of these anomalys might be happening that would be great.

Oh and I love this quote from Zak in the first video:
    "don't ask me where I got the name Shanna it was a name of a giri I knew in high school who looked almost exactly but not quite completely nothing like this chick" lol
    Last edited by smjones; 03-02-2011 at 06:13 PM.

This is something that has to do with a problem that came up during the recording of videos. Since you are only at the beginning of the animation set and still have a ways to go and then the 3rd Person Platform game videos. There were a couple of problems that cropped up during the recording that required a change here and there on the character. What you have I believe is the final version of character so there are changes that have been made that will be different from the first videos that you have now. I ask Jason to pull the animation frame numbers from the character in the final platformer project so you have those to go with the fbx file.

Quote Originally Posted by chronos78 View Post
    This is something that has to do with a problem that came up during the recording of videos. Since you are only at the beginning of the animation set and still have a ways to go and then the 3rd Person Platform game videos. There were a couple of problems that cropped up during the recording that required a change here and there on the character. What you have I believe is the final version of character so there are changes that have been made that will be different from the first videos that you have now. I ask Jason to pull the animation frame numbers from the character in the final platformer project so you have those to go with the fbx file.
    Ah, ok. I'll hold my questions till the end then. Thanks Lee.

But why only one fbx file? all the example i have see they separate the animations to different animations fbx files. and they don't have that last frame side effect..
    Is any particular reason why u compile all the animation in one FBX?

@LampNick - You asked this in another thread, and Lee and I both responded: http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showth...62#post1535862

For those who can't see that, it basically boils down to this: "We used one FBX because it works."

yea sorry for double asking it.. i saw your answers after that, thank you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast