(Idea) A Parallel Team!

Just a thought I would like to share, in case you find it appealing, then we could do it .
    (it occured to me around 4 AM, so you can imagine how it look like, so hold your tomatoes and don’t throw it at me for couple seconds… ok? ).

Now I know some of us already being killed by life stuff (work, family etc...), and I have to admit that I'm trying to survive to be regular on MMO classes.
    But here is an idea, how about we form an official team that is going in parallel with the Buzz team and create our own MMO (I mean, we make our own story, our own world and everything like the Buzz team, except it is going different and it will be ours).

The benefit of this is huge, by the end of the classes we will have a very solid understanding (and probably a solid game as well). We could implement some certain things that the Buzz team wouldn't implement due to story or consistency of their game, and if we were stuck somewhere in development, we can seek the wisdom from the Buzz team. In addition to that, since the team is going to be formed from the current "class mates", I believe this will add more thrust to the developement since we gonna push each other, and probably being encouraged from people outside the team .

So we are going to follow the same footsteps, creating story, making terrain R&D, designing our DB, etc... Since we could have a slight different paths in development, we gonna research on our own a bit and seek suggestions and guidance from the Buzz team along the way. We could make meetings over Skype as well... why not?

This will create a very healthy competition, and we gonna learn a lot. Who knows, maybe we could get something really nice that the Buzz team could take from us, thus we contributed to Buzz’s MMO, and we made ours.
    What you think about it guys?
    Is it too ambitious? or too good to be true?
    Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.
    Tom Stoppard

I don't think we're gonna be able to follow two MMO projects at once, and (I'm speaking for me) I don't have yet the skills of creating a MMO on my own (thus I'm a student here! :P).

So I think we'd better focus on this project for now, but that's just me
    Artanis

My Blog (Italian): http://www.artanis.it
    My Web Site (Italian/English): http://www.fabriziotobia.com
    My Community (Italian): http://www.darksithlords.it

Well.. I totally understand, but I was thinking from beginner view point (which in this case me ), I've got 2 options here:
    1- just keep watching the videos and contribute as possible to the Buzz team (and there is absolutely nothing bad about it).
    2- doing option 1 and reimplement/rewrite what has been shown in the videos.

If we want to get better results from this course, we would try to do option 2. Then I asked myself, why not elevating it a little bit and do our own story and all needed elements, and instead of rewriting the whole thing, we just gonna massage it to fit our needs, and following Buzz team's footsteps in the same time since we are still beginners .

So for each step that the Buzz team will apply/record, we will apply/massage this step to fit that parallel project needs, by the end of the classes, we are going to have 2 different games not only 1 .

Again, probably I'm dreaming here, but still I think it is cool thing todo
    Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.
    Tom Stoppard

One of the best ways to learn as a student is to apply what is being learned, mrcomplicated's idea would be a possible way to do this. I think the key would be to "apply" the knowledge, not just blindly copying what we learn here (besides... that would be no fun!)

-trek
    (3DBUZZ Inside)® da daaa da daa

I believe the intention of buzz and the guys is for us to be making our own games along side the one they are doing, verse's reproducing the game that they are creating. While listening to the current game development discussions is fun and all, I have already been mapping and planning my own project that I will be doing while the class is going on. I think it's a good idea for some to group up while doing their own thing, i'm sure many of us are just gunna solo it as time permits.
    demo video for my old UT 2k4 mod. - http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...1911139&hl=en#

Cool .
    Anyways, everybody is welcome to jump into the team .
    Tom Stoppard