Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My issue isn't coming up with the ideas, it's actually getting them to become a reality. Most of the things I think of wont be possible for me to shoot correctly...but I'm still working on it!

Hey guys, here's an entry from me:

Shot in my hallway. I had the camera on a tripod at the start, I stood roughly 1/2-2/3 of the way down. Behind me is a 430ex2 set on half power, remote fired using eBay triggers. I wanted it to be a silhouette just with rim lighting around the edges, so I shot at f16, 1/250 (max sync speed), ISO100. This basically killed the ambient lighting, so I was lit exclusively with the flash from behind. However, even with that, there was a lot of reflections off the white walls, which illuminated me from the front a little bit.

Imported into Lightroom, converted to black and white, and adjust the exposure a bit to reduce the bounce lighting, leaving the room darker, and me almost entirely silhouette. If I had time to go and do it again, I would have used some cardboard to more carefully direct the flash, but what are ya gonna do?

Bloody hell.. I would make some really unmanly noises if I saw that in my hallway.
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

Wow. Thats a great shot. Till now I couldn't think of anything to shoot (or okay to be put up here :P) and now my mind is filled with weak variations of your picture. Just love the "Sin City evil black-white"-style

Holy crap he has a zubat! ...I'd love to see that as a weapon in a gory video game. Those things are sharp!
    Read my Webcomic:
    maytiacomic.com
    Check up on my progress at:
    marscaleb.com

I don't know what a zubat is, but what I actually have is a gardening saw. Not nearly as scary.

Yezariael: Yeah that was kindof the look I was going for. I took this photo of my brother a few weeks ago when he was covered in fake blood for a zombie video my brother was making, which basically made me decide to stick to black and white:

Then the other day I was reading the film noir discussion on strobist, which inspired the "really hard light".

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2008/01...iscussion.html

Thanks guys
    Last edited by mr_charisma; 02-26-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Seemingly Zubat is a pokemon, to me it looked more like a bread knife or some sort of saw .

C'mon people, one week to go. Don't let the two greatest words in the English Language make me win!

DE FAULT! DE FAULT!

here is my crime scene

you know its a crime to throw a perfectly good beer away
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Quote Originally Posted by Clone3d View Post
    Bloody hell.. I would make some really unmanly noises if I saw that in my hallway.
    hmm like screaming like a little girl?
    Please let me know when we are going to have some fun so I can pay attention.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast