XNA 101... XNA Game Studio 4.0

I am using VS 2010 and XNA Game Studio 4.0. When I imported an asset I didn't get the "Content Pipeline Files" in the "Files of type" drop down list.

How do I get it to import as an asset?

Thanks
    "Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" - Confucius
    "I see and I forget, I hear and I remember, I do and I understand" - Confucius
    "My mom didn't see the irony in calling me a son-of-a-b**ch" -- Jack Nicholson
    "'Con' is the opposite of 'Pro',so that makes congress the opposite of progress"

When you open up your xna project its under your solutions tab, under your main project: WindowsGame1 under this its called: WindowsGame1Content right-click on this and select add -> existing item
    Last edited by wopah; 02-09-2011 at 09:16 PM.
    xbox Live: Palador

Thank you for your help. I found a video that showed me the exact same thing literally seconds before i got the email that you replied. I also had to figure out that the content manager was already created so I didn't need to write that line which was screwing me up as well.

I guess I just have to be on my toes and learn the differences between the tutorials and the latest version.
    "Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" - Confucius
    "'Con' is the opposite of 'Pro',so that makes congress the opposite of progress"

Yeah thats what sucks about M$ always making changes to their software when we get used programming one way and now we have to program a different way.
    xbox Live: Palador

Well, frameworks evolve and if they make it better these are the consequences. I don't mind too much, just was frustrating watching the vids and not being able to follow along right away. Now I at least know a couple differences and I can figure them out as I go.

Another problem

I am running into another problem.

Code:
    private void UpdatePlayer()
    {
           int playerX = Mouse.GetState().X;
           int playerY = SCREEN_HEIGHT - player.Origin.Y;

player.Position = new Point(playerX, playerY);
    }
    This is exactly what they have in their code ont he videos but the player is appearing at the top of the screen instead of the bottom for some reason. Am I missing something?

The UpdatePlayer function is fine, could you post your GameItem.Draw() .

I looked at GameItem.Draw() and that was the problem. It is fixed and working now. Thank you very much.