Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Question

I don't get it. I downloaded the Web Platformer from Webspark, but I don't see Visual Studio anywhere in it's list. What am I missing? Is it under a different name? What tab is it under in the web platformer Installer?

WebsiteSpark is indeed entirely free. The exit fee was revoked on 01/01/2011. And the eligibility requirements, at the time of posting, are worded in such a way as to exclude almost no-one.

@ Wolf... Have you narrowed your list by platform to x64 ? 'cause there is no x64 build of VS2010 installer, just the x86 one.
    Also, if you already have the VS2010 Pro trial, you can just activate that with the activation code from WebsiteSpark, rather than having to DL again.
    Last edited by fatgav; 02-09-2011 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Grammar :meh:

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmiduff21 View Post
    You can also get a free 3 year of 3ds Max if you're a student and have a school email. Unfortunately I cannot find the link, but you can find it through google quickly I'm guessing.
    I was going to mention this, the address is http://students.autodesk.com
    Pretty much every Autodesk product is here to download and licence for 3 years I believe.

If you want to work with Photoshop files you can use Artweaver from www.artweaver.de. Free version is free ofc and pro is 29 Euro.
    Alternative Free Vector drawing is Inkscape. Sometimes you need a CorelDraw like program. www.inkscape.org/
    For really nice textures free but hard for a beginner: Mapzone2, http://www.mapzoneeditor.com/

I used the tools above and i'm happy with them, hopes it helps someone: )

Not free but as a couple of alternatives to Novamind (since I already own them):
    iMindmap www.imindmap.com

Mindmanager 9 www.mindjet.com (this is the one I use all the time and looks relatively similar to Novamind).

Question

Quote Originally Posted by fatgav View Post
    WebsiteSpark is indeed entirely free. The exit fee was revoked on 01/01/2011. And the eligibility requirements, at the time of posting, are worded in such a way as to exclude almost no-one.

@ Wolf... Have you narrowed your list by platform to x64 ? 'cause there is no x64 build of VS2010 installer, just the x86 one.
    Also, if you already have the VS2010 Pro trial, you can just activate that with the activation code from WebsiteSpark, rather than having to DL again.
    No fatgav, I just don't see Visual Studio anywhere on the list. I see things like Visual Studio 2010 SP1 Beta Core” That isn't it is it? If so it says it is installed. But I have no Visual Studio 2010 application on my hard-drive. I really don't think that is it, it sounds more like something to be added to Visual Studio after you get it. A patch, if you will.

As far as I know, I wasn't given any activation code from WebsiteSpark. Should they have emailed it to me. Did I miss a step somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknightly View Post
    No fatgav, I just don't see Visual Studio anywhere on the list. I see things like Visual Studio 2010 SP1 Beta Core” That isn't it is it? If so it says it is installed. But I have no Visual Studio 2010 application on my hard-drive. I really don't think that is it, it sounds more like something to be added to Visual Studio after you get it. A patch, if you will.

As far as I know, I wasn't given any activation code from WebsiteSpark. Should they have emailed it to me. Did I miss a step somewhere?
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sub...?PV=0:0::en::T

Go there and download the .ISO.

Developer Tools > Visual Studio 2010. Go down the list, looking at the size, until you see the 2,242 MB one.

yeah, what Khann said!

...and no, there's activation codes for some software that needs or uses it on the site itself - although, I can't remember exactly where... It's not the easiest site to navigate

Cheers, G.

I found

Quote Originally Posted by Khann View Post
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sub...?PV=0:0::en::T

Go there and download the .ISO.

Developer Tools > Visual Studio 2010. Go down the list, looking at the size, until you see the 2,242 MB one.
    Well I did all that, but I don't see it telling me the size of the file anywhere, and I think I see the right one, but they all have unavailable written in the download spot. Did I miss a step when signing in to the WebsiteSpark site maybe? Did I need to chose one of those companies to be a partner with? I didn't do that as it gave me an option not to. I didn't know what any of them were. If I need to pick one, could you let me know what one I should pick?

Picking a partner isn't required...

Did you do the email verification reply thing yet? And presumably you clicked on the "Get Software!" link?
    then this is what you need:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vs2010loc.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	71321  

I found

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast