Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Very good deal. Had to read everything to make sure this wasn't "too good to be true". Probably won't use it myself but (if the goal is reached and we get our copies) then I'll give it to my artist friend. Too good to pass up really.

Steve

It does look like an amazing deal. I'm torn between getting the basic or the pro version and I'm not even sure I'll ever end up using it, hah.

I am thinking of getting pro/ (I got basic) but it might be fun to play with the hair and fur system. But I am not sure I need it.
    "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it." -Thomas Jefferson

Nice list! Thanks! I'm going to have to check into the Visual Studio 2010 3month trial, since I can't renew my Action Pack for 2 more months yet, then I can move to the developer pack and get Visual Studio. (Action Pack is a Microsoft Subscription if anyone is wondering, not to helpful is you are an individual but great if you have a company)
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash64 View Post

2b) Visual Studio extension: Resharper
    • Classroom and Open Source: Free
    • Academic: $49
    • Personal: $200

Good job on this, Crash. - FatGav

the open source version seems to require you to have a site/community - and the class room one looks like it has to be the teaching institution applies for it, not the students - has anyone had any experience with getting either of these?

i've had people ask me what program i use to poly model quite a few times and they are surprised that i use wings3d. Its free and has a decent development team that constantly make adjustments to make it the most robust and streamlined modeller out there.

www.wings3d.com
    site

insert witty comment here

Well, I thought that MilkShape 3D was able to export to .FBX, but it turns out that method wasn't complete yet in the latest version...but we'll see. Although MilkShape is waaaay easier to use than Blender, so that's always a good thing, well worth the cheap $35 fee that Chumbalum Soft wants for it.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

Project Messiah is doing a Dare to Share program where they sell their basic version for $10 and pro version for $40 (regularly $1200) and everyone gets their license IF the goal is met (if not everyone is refunded).

http://www.projectmessiah.com/x6/shop.html

Quote Originally Posted by nbyloff View Post
    Nice find, I'm checking that out now.

XNA Tip #1: Take it easy on the garbage collector, and your performance will thank you.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast