Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Wow, that is a confusing site. It turns out that I hadn't finished filling out all the information. I never got an email, until now, sense I have now done it correctly. I did not see the Get Software link the first time. I went to the download page, and it is not the same thing. Anyway, I have it downloading now. Thanks for all the help.

It is going to be some time before this downloads.

Is my user ID number on the WebsiteSpark my key to unlocking VS once I get it installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknightly View Post
    Wow, that is a confusing site. It turns out that I hadn't finished filling out all the information. I never got an email, until now, sense I have now done it correctly. I did not see the Get Software link the first time. I went to the download page, and it is not the same thing. Anyway, I have it downloading now. Thanks for all the help.

It is going to be some time before this downloads.

Is my user ID number on the WebsiteSpark my key to unlocking VS once I get it installed?
    Mine is just registered to "Microsoft". I didn't have to enter a key or anything.

Exclamation

Oh my god, that is downloading slow!!! It now says it will be 17 hours! This is stupid. It started off saying about 2. Maybe I should just get the C# express edition. I think I will just end this madness. It is downloading at under 30k! I can't handle that! This is so sad it is funny.

Did anyone else have this issue? It is like they don't want you to get it! It is now 18 and a half hours to go! Lol. Well I shall stop the download, and maybe try again, but maybe I will just get express.

It is now 22 hours left.

Oh my god, that is downloading slow!!! It now says it will be 17 hours! This is stupid. It started off saying about 2. Maybe I should just get the C# express edition. I think I will just end this madness. It is downloading at under 30k! I can't handle that! This is so sad it is funny.

Did anyone else have this issue? It is like they don't want you to get it! It is now 18 and a half hours to go! Lol. Well I shall stop the download, and maybe try again, but maybe I will just get express.

It is now 22 hours left.
    I downloaded it at the maximum possible with my connection.

It is now 22 hours left.
    Probably faster data rate if one of us posts you the iso.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I thought houdini did not support fbx exporting.
    The free version does not export FBX but you can do 2 things. You can convert with Blender or my favorite is to save as OBJ once your UVs are done into you assets folder. Unity automaticly converts it into an FBX. That does not work for animation though so only good for static objects.

Well that is good to know with having access to maya, houdini, blender, and if the $10 messiah dare to share thing goes through I suppose I will have no room for saying that I did not have a way to get my assets in to unity
    "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it." -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well that is good to know with having access to maya, houdini, blender, and if the $10 messiah dare to share thing goes through I suppose I will have no room for saying that I did not have a way to get my assets in to unity
    $10 messiah dare to share thing? What's that? Sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash64 View Post
    $10 messiah dare to share thing? What's that? Sounds interesting.
    Looks like its a program to help get you the Messiah software

Dare to Share Promo

Buzz even said that if this ends up working he will be make some videos and even make it a part of the mmo. He talks about that and more info on it here. http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?187097
    Last edited by Jennifer; 02-09-2011 at 01:06 PM.
    "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it." -Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast