Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RPG Experience

Never really played RPG games, more of a fps guy

Quote Originally Posted by neelz View Post
    Naughty nurse and patient, schoolteacher and student, landlord and tenant who's late on her rent... you know, the usual
    I liked these, but they always had way too much grinding. I felt the end game was quite anti-climactic. Also I could never find anyone to group with me so you'd usually find me soloing.

Haven't played a ton of pen and paper RPG but a few. DnD 3.5 & 4, Deadlands, and Weird Wars are the ones I can remember. You'd usually find me playing MMORPGs or WRPGs. I try to play every MMO I can get my hands on for at least a few minutes, but I am currently playing WoW and Lord of the Rings Online. Past MMOs I've been really into include A Tale in the Desert, Shadowbane, and Horizons. As for WRPGs I'm a big fan of the Bethesda games and I recently fell in love with Mass Effect 1 and 2. I do like me some JRPG once and awhile with my favorite being Crono Trigger.
    "You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing."

I've played many console RPGs and not so much PC RPGs.
    The mediocre (to me) ones are: The Last Remnant, Magna Carta II, Tales of Symphonia, Suikoden IV, Odin Sphere, Xenosaga 2, Crisis Core,
    The good ones are: Persona 3, Baten Kaitos, Final Fantasy X, XII, XIII, XIV (and a bit of the older FFs too), Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, Lost Odyssey, Super Paper Mario, The World Ends With You, Final Fantasy Tactics (and many other spin-offs, Final Fantasy 3 DS, Golden Sun, Pokemon Red/Gold/Saphire/Diamond/XD/Colloseum.

I'm more of a JRPG guy, but I also like WRPGs, as long as they contain the real RPG elements like leveling up, experience and skills (much more now I think of it.). Ah, guess it's time to recreate them instead of playing now, huh?

Oh - I also use to play this one at the arcade http://www.gametrailers.com/user-mov...runthrough/664

I started with AD&D first and second editions over 2 decades ago. Played another pen and paper RPG called Gamma World I think it was called. Again, that was a long time ago. On the PC side I started with the Ultima 3. Went through the Gold box series of D&D games. Played Baulder's Gate. I have actually lost track of all the RPG games I have played. More recently, I have played Mass Effect and the Fallout 3 (original and Vegas) games.

As for MMO style games: I played Ultima Online for a while, the original Everquest (played this a lot), Everquest 2 for a bit, a bit of WOW, and Lord of the Rings Online.

Played a lot of Diablo and Diablo style clones, but these are not hard core RPG's.

I played WoW since release (Mostly PvP) but stopped now to focus on Programming my own Multiplayer Games. Also i played some others MMO's but none of them really long, WoW was way to addictive :-/

Some singleplayer RPG's i played are Oblivion / Gothic / Sword of Mana / Golden sun and of course Final Fantasy!

Just one MMO:
    Lineage from NCsoft... the castle sieges were epic (at least they seemed to be to a noob like me)

Solo Rpg:
    Oblivion and Gothic

I have played all the ff series starting from seven my second fav, the last remnant, Rf online, atlantica online which is a turn based mmo, megaten which is a great anime online and many MMO,s that I come across because I am almost an RPG guru in my eyes lol but for design experience I would call my self an advanced beginner and all the software I used in college I can not use except unity. and I left half way through the year because programming was manditory to move on to the degree course and could not figure it out until I came to 3dbuzz.com. if you want to know XD

Quote Originally Posted by StewartC View Post
    Never really played RPG games, more of a fps guy
    I'm more in this boat too. Although I did play my youngest's little RPG called "Petz Catz II" on the wii. C'mon, I'm trying to be a good dad!

Steve

I have just started playing video games in the last 6 months. I play Left4Dead, Left4Dead 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Counter Strike: Source, and Team Fortress 2.
    Remnar the gerbil slayer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast