Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by dochogan View Post
    Really that much of a difference? Hmmmm. Which WM are you using? I think they only had FluxBox integrated at the time I last thought about hassling with it. (I prefer Gnome for the most part, if working in GUI environment)
    Using Gnome, I assume it's different. I tried Ubuntu about a year ago and it didn't have the addition of all these visual effects. Visually it's almost on par with Windows 7 and OSX. Just tried that work around and walked into a compile error, or a post-compile error relating to 64-bit prolly.

What compile error?
    "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it." -Thomas Jefferson

martinco is looking into the issue with Linux Mint. We were able to get it to show F9 in Firefox 32-bit but it still wouldn't show the videos correctly (Connection issue).

I'm running 32-bit system. I've made it further, but am now completely stumped. I've got it running in FF, using the alternate profile as suggested, with the Flash9/libflashsupport.so combination. I get video now (HUGE progress!), although I'm not sure at what relative speed it's playing...there's no audio to go with it. It seems do be playing the video at somewhat normal speed, judging by the rate Zak's handwriting appears on the whiteboard.

As far as the audio...it seems to never create an audio socket of any kind. With soundmanager up, I can see that no channel is added to the buss at all. If I right-click in the vid area and bring up the Settings for Flash, I can enable microphone and *that* will add *its* channel, so it (Flash) is definitely communicating at some level. Nothing else on the system (ALSA, VLC player, etc) has any problem creating audio channels, that I can tell.

My most effective workarounds so far: stay after work and use the WinTel there (ugh) and hijaak the roommates Windows laptop whenever she's not looking. Not great, IMO...it's taken my 2 days to manage to see the entire Introduction video...I'm not looking forward to trying to view the concept meeting vids (I caught a large part of it live, but not nearly enough)

RANDOM NOTE: Please excuse typos in this and any other posts I make. Some of them come from stream-of-thought typing, but most of them come from a hand injury over the summer...nerve damage leaves me little-to-no feeling at the fingertips, so I now have a hard time knowing what I'm typing at times. It's AMAZING how hard some things have become. Anyone want my guitar books? :/ (don't anyone dare mention Django! He had more talent in two fingers than I've ever had or will have :P )
    Last edited by dochogan; 02-10-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Sorry, I haven't read the entire thread yet, but have you considered just creating a Windows VM inside your linux host?
    VirtualBox is a great solution for free VM creation: http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

You could use the VM specifically for watching the videos and the Linux host for actual development...
    /* No Comment */

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123