Hey Guess WHAT ???

To all the forum trolls that have ever said "creating an mmo is impossible by yourself" or being one of the countless "I wanna create a MMO" threads on forums everywhere...guess what guys...were taking the first steps to actually doing that and completing it.

I just wanted to put that in print, so it sinks in, the gravity of what were about to embark on and complete...and there won't be a "we tried and failed" this will be hey look WE created this, it rocks..now tell me something else I cant do.

Im excited and I hope that excitement stays threwout the entire project, I love the fact that so many of us are all working on the same project, I cant wait till we get to a stage where we can show screenshots of our world and rough working prototype to share with the Unity crowd to show just what is possible with such an awesome project.

At the end I wanna beable to say Yeah we did what so many people told us was impossible, im not expecting it to look like wow, but it's gonna be something we all take pride in and say Yeah we contributed to that.

Honestly, I was one of the biggest critics of people who said they wanted to create an MMO by themselves. However, that was because many new hobbyist game developers get an engine and then think they're going to create the next wow in month. I think it's all about setting realistic expectations. Under normal circumstances I would be very sketpical of a class like this, however, after reading Jason's article I realized these guys could actually do this. This class takes a very level headed and honest approach to the creation of an MMO which is what attracted to me to the class. I definitely share in your excitement

After watching the two first videos (and reading the article a few days ago) I'm certain that if anyone has a chance to make an mmo like this, it's 3dbuzz. Very exciting stuff!
    Dan 'pezz' Kronholm.
    Currently working on: The MMO class!.
    Previously working on: Game called "Boom Bots", while learning Unity and C#. WIP thread here.

It wouldn't surprise me to see this class run the better part of a year or more. In the long run, I guess it will all depend on our participation in the project.
    Remnar the gerbil slayer

3D Buzz is not necessarily talking about creating an MMO by yourself, even for them there is 3DBuzz 'Crew', plus help from those guys that already helped with the tech demo, plus they mentioned outsourcing and participation possibly from more students. That is a lot more than 'by yourself' which really means one person. By the way, I am not saying I support the negative idea that you cannot do it, I am just saying if you do it by yourself you will prove the no-sayers wrong (those people that say you can't do it by yourself). I don't think 3D Buzz is trying to prove anyone wrong, they are just trying to make an MMO and have a core team now plus will expand with outsourcing if/when needed.
    Of course you can do a project by yourself, depending on the scale of things and how long you can dedicate to it each day and for how long.... etc....

Quote Originally Posted by HokutoTC View Post
    3D Buzz is not necessarily talking about creating an MMO by yourself, even for them there is 3DBuzz 'Crew', plus help from those guys that already helped with the tech demo, plus they mentioned outsourcing and participation possibly from more students. That is a lot more than 'by yourself' which really means one person. By the way, I am not saying I support the negative idea that you cannot do it, I am just saying if you do it by yourself you will prove the no-sayers wrong (those people that say you can't do it by yourself). I don't think 3D Buzz is trying to prove anyone wrong, they are just trying to make an MMO and have a core team now plus will expand with outsourcing if/when needed.
    Of course you can do a project by yourself, depending on the scale of things and how long you can dedicate to it each day and for how long.... etc....
    Much like the real world, which is actually one of the most valuable things that we, as students, are going to get from this class.
    /* No Comment */

I live here. No not there. Over here, on this side of the monitor. No not your monitor, my one lmao.
    i think this class or perk as the guys say is the start of some thing big and exciting of all of us.
    watching the first vids i keep getting flashes of ideas that i am going to use in the project that i will be workong on
    as for all the peps that say you can not do that, it only provids me with more of a challage to do it and get the job done.
    i all ways say the amiters make the pros look bad!
    the reson why is because we put a lot of effort in to doing what we want and in doing it.
    and in to proving that we can do what we say we can do it
    so hear we go guys
    the future is ours