Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

pmG messiah Dare to Share:Great Software Great Price

Just a heads up -

"pmG are offering the possibility to get their messiah studio for a drastically reduced rate ($10 or $40 based on version) if sufficient people choose to do likewise. From their site : 'This offer is open to: Individuals, small businesses, hobbyists, starving artists, the unemployed, schools, students, CG studios, game developers, plugin developers, architects, tinkerers, compositors and aspiring movie makers, in any country. Limit 4 copies per customer, mix and match.'

You can find out more here.

http://projectmessiah.com/x6/shop.html

ZOMG, that's amazing. Thanks for posting this - I'll be ordering and copy and I hope they reach to total.
    Last edited by rhm; 02-07-2011 at 12:15 PM.

This looks interesting, it would be a great animation system for me to use with Modo, since most people tell me that is what is lacking with Modo is the animation. This would solve the shortcoming. Now the only thing I wonder is if they don't reach their goal, is the money lost or do they refund us. Argg. Do I, or Don't I, that is the question!
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

Im learning to rig and animate with Houdini but $40. That's hard to pass up.
    site

insert witty comment here

Messiah (I mentioned it the other day in the Untiy section) is the program people always talk about on the Modo forums as the solution when the subject of doing character animation in Modo is brought up. Well it is a solution, but using a separate program is not without its downsides. The problem with Modo is it doesn't have bone deformers and so how do you bring any animation you do in another package (Messiah or something else) back into Modo in order to render it? Well, you export the animation from Messiah as an MDD file. This is essentially morph target or vertex animation and because the file contains the position of ever model vertex at every frame of the animation sequence, the files are huge.

The other problem is the workflow - Messiah includes a renderer which you might prefer to use if you were modelling inside something like Silo, but Modo has a great renderer, so you are inserting a tool into the middle of the usual pipeline. Having to go in and out every time you change not only an animation, but also a model that is part of the Messiah animation is a bit of a pain. Of course you won't be just using Messiah for your characters - anything the characters interact with will have to be exported to Messiah as reference even if it doesn't move in the animation and anything that moves, even if it is rigid will have to be exported back to Modo in an MDD because you'll be using Messiah to manage it's parenting and constraints.

That's why even if they added $600 to the price of Modo, and just added bone deformers, it would have been better solution than relying on a copy of Messiah.

All that said, Messiah looks to be a good animation package - from the demos I can see it does a lot of things that you need plugins and scripts for in Maya, like it's autorig system and it also has animation transfer between rigs similar to MOTOR in Softimage - makes re-using animations between characters a lot easier. I'd advise anyone who's planning on making content for Unity to go for this offer unless they have Maya/Max/Soft and are confident with animating in it - I mean, $10/$40 is a steal!

Messiah Studio along with being great with animation also has the early version of Arnold renderer which is a Great renderer!
    If you've reached the end of your journey, you've taken the wrong path..eternity has no end. 'pluMmet to the center of creation'

Quote Originally Posted by pluMmet View Post
    Messiah Studio along with being great with animation also has the early version of Arnold renderer which is a Great renderer!
    Looks nice - http://www.usefulslug.com/files/Xerxestest5.mov

Thanks rhm! That was some good info to know. I'm still on the fence with Messiah, I just don't want more software that just never gets used. I have to much of that!

edit: Well, I decided after watching a few videos, I jumped on board, got the Pro version if they hit their mark, would be nice looks like it could be fun to mess with.
    Last edited by Kuanbyr; 02-08-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

check out this dmeoreel if anyone is doubting its power. And yep, this was 6 years ago.

http://maks.free.fr/reel/DemoReel_Ma...eider_2005.avi <----- 720x540, 40.8 Mb xvid

One of the things i cant wait to try is the Point Animation tools. They looks pretty sweet.
    site

insert witty comment here

messiahStudio5 for $10

Some of you may be interested to know that pmG is offering messiahStudio5 for an insanely reduced price of $10 for the basic version, $40 for pro (as opposed to $499 and $1195, respectively). It's some sort of viral marketing experiment. Go here for details:

http://projectmessiah.com/x6/shop.html

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast