Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by busbyj View Post
    I picked up three copies of pro for possible use in the MMO class. If it works, we'll be looking into creating some VTMs over messiah.

Cheers!

Buzz
    Great to hear that Buzz! I was wanting to talk to you about this, but of course as usual, you are ahead of the game! Good stuff, I bought the Pro as well, figured have to have 64bit!
    You are a hard man to reach!
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

I just bought the Pro version.

Question

So would that also work for Blender? You can't model in MessiahStudio right? You just have to model in a different software, and then bring it into this one to rig and animate? Is this like Motion Builder? So in this program it is more dedicated to making animation easier then things like Maya are? Like if I had Maya, I would want this because it would speed up my work flow? Would that be the only benefit, or can it do things that Maya can't do as well?

I don't have Maya now, but maybe someday. But If this is great for Blender, then maybe it is worth me getting. I don't have any 3D software at the moment, so if it didn't work for Blender for some reason, buying this would just give me something I couldn't even use, so that is an important question for me to get answered.

Purchase Pro, hopefully they hit their goal.

This and Modo shouldbe a good combination, I just need to find the time to learn them (which will probably happen when the days become 32 hours instead of 24 )
    Ryan Zec

My Blog: http://www.underthecode.com

I'm in for $40...

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

I just purchased the Pro one as well now I have 2 so hopefully if this goes through someone will want the basic one.
    "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it." -Thomas Jefferson

I just purchased the Pro version, and the status bar is now over 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknightly View Post
    I don't have Maya now, but maybe someday. But If this is great for Blender, then maybe it is worth me getting. I don't have any 3D software at the moment, so if it didn't work for Blender for some reason, buying this would just give me something I couldn't even use, so that is an important question for me to get answered.
    I was talking to the guys in chat in Messiah, and they said that there is no problems with using Blender. They told me that Messiah is happy with any good mesh that you give it. As to going back into Blender I am not sure, but from Blender then animate in Messiah is good to go!
    Hope that helps.
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

Yes it does help Kuanbyr, thank you very much. That answers my Blender questions for the most part. I would still like to know if you could bring it back into Blender though, as that would be an important thing.

I still have the questions about why you would want this if you had Maya.

* Is it just to speed up work flow with animation, making you want to do it there over animating it in Maya?

* Am I right in thinking that you can't model in this program? Only animate and rig in it?

* Is this program like Motion Builder?

Yep...took the plunge on the $40 Pro version, it almost seems like a no-brainer to go big when you can...that was earlier today. Thank you, TF242, for giving me the heads up about this in the IRC this afternoon. Might probably be better than Blender, XSI Mod Tool, MilkShape, and Houdini Apprentice combined. Now all we need is enough interest in it to get the whole Buzz clan on this offer.
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast