Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 304
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    near Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    5,302
    Quote Originally Posted by 3djoe View Post
    They should have forseen this and had the system in place prior. If they dont respond shortly thier credibility will start to wane.
    Let's be patient here. I mean, we just got a $1200 app for $40. They didn't know that it was going to be this huge success so how could they have gotten their licensing system ready beforehand to handle potentially thousands of requests at once?

    I'm sure the company isn't going to take our money and run. But guess what? If they do, we paid through Paypal which makes filing a complaint and getting the money back really easy. And if Paypal sees potentially thousands of complaints against a company all at once, they'll freeze their account and disallow them from using Paypal in the future. So it's pretty doubtful that PMG is trying to rip us off.
    The odds of hitting your target increase significantly when you aim at it.
    Check out my iOS games released in the App Store!
    Tricky Treasure Fall
    Tap 'n' Scrap
    UFO Escape From Earth

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenthunder View Post
    I installed the Demo the other day after placing my order. If we install the full version for the 30 day trial, do we get to save, so we can test the output in say Unity?

    Gt
    Greenthunder, you should give that a try and tell the rest of us. I think the norm of how 30 trials work, is that their is no limits to that software other then the simple fact that it ends in 30 days, and it is a one time offer. So, I would be very surprised if you couldn't save. I mean the whole reason somebody might want to try it in the first place is to see how well it works before as a part of their work flow. Which would mean testing the output into Unity would be an important thing for a potential customer to try out.


    I agree that we need to be patient here. They are doing a really nice thing for us, and, I believe, we owe them that little kindness in return. We will all have it before we know it, and in the mean time, there is plenty else to do.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,329
    Originally posted by DigitalDemigod
    ...Let's be patient here. I mean, we just got a $1200 app for $40. They didn't know that it was going to be this huge success so how could they have gotten their licensing system ready beforehand to handle potentially thousands of requests at once?

    I'm sure the company isn't going to take our money and run. But guess what? If they do, we paid through Paypal which makes filing a complaint and getting the money back really easy. And if Paypal sees potentially thousands of complaints against a company all at once, they'll freeze their account and disallow them from using Paypal in the future. So it's pretty doubtful that PMG is trying to rip us off
    I am sure they are not going to rip us off! What I am saying is when you say system will be up by Saturday or sooner and it isnt up yet people will start to have doubts.

    Greenthunder.. If you install the pro version amd go to start the app it wont go any further until you receive you license. You get a screen to pic license devive and generate code to sent to pmG.


    Sorry if i sounded doubtful.
    I am not surprised at the results as you stated $1200.00 app for $40.00 it is a no brainer the goal should have been met sooner.

    ~Joe
    Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow
    My New Site MayaFx.com

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,870
    3djoe: It's quite possible things have slowed down deliberately, to allow for more sales while people scramble to purchase licences before the paypal links are removed. Still, I admit I kind of would have expected it to either have a new post reflecting this, or a new post explaining why the licencing system hasnt finished making enough new licences yet.

    Oh well, patience young padwan, come to those who wait, good things do
    Dangerous. Mute. Lunatic.
    <Toastage>: and you're like "Ey Joe it is Smismar, I am belgium, ishn't that veird. Fix mai internetz or I cut you yehs?"

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    near Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    5,302
    Quote Originally Posted by 3djoe View Post
    I am sure they are not going to rip us off! What I am saying is when you say system will be up by Saturday or sooner and it isnt up yet people will start to have doubts.

    Greenthunder.. If you install the pro version amd go to start the app it wont go any further until you receive you license. You get a screen to pic license devive and generate code to sent to pmG.


    Sorry if i sounded doubtful.
    I am not surprised at the results as you stated $1200.00 app for $40.00 it is a no brainer the goal should have been met sooner.

    ~Joe
    I wasn't saying that you were saying they'd rip us off. My second part was just in general because others have made comments that sound like they're worried about being ripped off.

    But they didn't say license generation would be up by Saturday. They said "We hope to have license generation up by Saturday or perhaps sooner."

    I guess they're uh... having trouble getting it up...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknightly View Post
    Greenthunder, you should give that a try and tell the rest of us. I think the norm of how 30 trials work, is that their is no limits to that software other then the simple fact that it ends in 30 days, and it is a one time offer. So, I would be very surprised if you couldn't save. I mean the whole reason somebody might want to try it in the first place is to see how well it works before as a part of their work flow. Which would mean testing the output into Unity would be an important thing for a potential customer to try out.
    Headus UVLayout's trial doesn't let you save anything you do. I think it really depends on the company. The thing they have to worry about is piracy. If their trial allows you to save, then people who don't want to pay will find a way to keep re-using the trial indefinitely.
    Last edited by DigitalDemigod; 02-19-2011 at 05:56 PM.
    The odds of hitting your target increase significantly when you aim at it.
    Check out my iOS games released in the App Store!
    Tricky Treasure Fall
    Tap 'n' Scrap
    UFO Escape From Earth

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Beiseker, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    2,611
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDemigod View Post
    But they didn't say license generation would be up by Saturday. They said "We hope to have license generation up by Saturday or perhaps sooner."

    I guess they're uh... having trouble getting it up...
    Good one DigitalDemigod, you made me laugh! Well hopefully they get things in shape soon so I can play! Long weekend, I wants to rig!
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    41° 28′ 56″ N, 81° 40′ 11″ W
    Posts
    2,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuanbyr View Post
    Good one DigitalDemigod, you made me laugh! Well hopefully they get things in shape soon so I can play! Long weekend, I wants to rig!
    LOL, same here. I mean, sure Blender, Houdini Apprentice HD, and Milkshape will only get me so far, might as well add Messiah Studio Pro to the mix, if they can get those out to us. Unless they're making us wait for the next BUSINESS day for them to send out the licenses, which would mean either tomorrow or Tuesday (if they observe President's Day tomorrow, that is).
    PC Specs: Antec 900 ATX Case, Gigabyte 790GX Mobo, AMD Phenom II x4 955, Corsair HX620W PSU, Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5, 3D Vision Kit 2, LG 8x Blu-ray Burner, Intel X25-M SSD, 500GB+640GB WD Caviar Blacks, Win 7 Pro x64, DAS Pro K/B, MX518 Mouse, Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, Toshiba 32TL515U 32" 3DTV, Wacom Bamboo Fun Large Tablet.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    84
    I heard the CEO ran off to Mexico..... not saying that it is true, just a rumor one of the voices in my head is trying to start.
    demo video for my old UT 2k4 mod. - http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...1911139&hl=en#

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    28
    Hmm... Mexico? He figures he's safer with a bunch of murderous drug cartels than a bunch of disgruntled 3D animators who shelled out 40 bucks for nothing?!

    lol!!!

    (just kidding)

    Gt

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Blackpool, UK
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenthunder View Post
    Hmm... Mexico? He figures he's safer with a bunch of murderous drug cartels than a bunch of disgruntled 3D animators who shelled out 40 bucks for nothing?!

    lol!!!

    (just kidding)

    Gt
    Disgruntled 3D animators???? I'm gonna be having nightmares for weeks.


Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •