Hybrid View

Participating MMO - Connecting people

Feels that there are alot of people interested in this MMO project - Here I have to say that it is a privilege for me to be here aswell, thanks.

I was thinking about the whole "student interaction" stuff when this MMO IRC Channel idea came to my mind.

Yes, i know there is already a 3DBuzz IRC channel, I've been there. There's alot of people, defenetly few or more users participate in this class aswell, but what I am saying is that for newcomers or even other students it's quite hard to fit in.

I don't mean "fit in" as means of asking question and getting help (In 3DBuzz channel everyone is helpfull and understandable), i mean fit in as creating our own way to reach to each othe easily on the purpose of bigger goal.

We don't know each other (atleast I don't), we have more or less same topic to discuss about, same interests and we all start from the clean sheet.

Sorry, if this have been already discussed. (I've missed it then).

Its quite possible that the MMO class will have something similar to what the ADP class had, which was a specific room in the 3dbuzz channel just for ADP students for discussion of projects (something like #MMO). I think it would be an easier solution than having multiple IRC channels.
    Dangerous. Mute. Lunatic.
    <Toastage>: and you're like "Ey Joe it is Smismar, I am belgium, ishn't that veird. Fix mai internetz or I cut you yehs?"

Unfortunately Chanserv is currently broken and isn't accepting registering channels. As soon as it IS fixed I'll make sure something is set up

Quote Originally Posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
    Unfortunately Chanserv is currently broken and isn't accepting registering channels. As soon as it IS fixed I'll make sure something is set up
    ...I blame Jeff...and Nelson... and MrC... and you...
    Last edited by fatgav; 02-07-2011 at 12:18 PM.

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

This would be cool! i just got a plugin for unity that allows IRC connections now i have a use for it!

Quote Originally Posted by mattcscz View Post
    This would be cool! i just got a plugin for unity that allows IRC connections now i have a use for it!
    Linky..? Please

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

Please let me know when we are going to have some fun so I can pay attention.

Probably I missed it out, but can anyone tell me how we are going to communicate on the meeting?
    if it is going to be Skype, then which account?
    if it is IRC, then which channel?
    if it is another software, what is it?

I believe since no one asked this question, then I believe all of you know?
    Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.
    Tom Stoppard