Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RPG Experience

RPG Experience

Since we have a thread going on to see where our development skills are, I think we might could use one for out RPG experience as well. since this is as much a RPG design as anything else, it'll be good to see where we are experience wise.

My family was playing D&D before i was born, so i grew up with it and started there - though they've never moved past the second edition. My other games from most to least experience is Shadowrun (all editions), Rifts, Star Wars, Car Wars, Mech Warrior, Call of Cathulu <sp?>, MIB - though all of my G.M.experience is in Shadowrun and Rifts. At RPG conventions I was able to Beta test Star Fleet Battles, and source books for Battle Tech and Shadowrun - as well as Alfa testing G.U.R.P.S. & Hercules/Zena (which i'm not sure if they published or not.)
    Last edited by WildmouseX; 02-07-2011 at 06:17 PM.

Role Playing experience? I've played both dnd for a couple of years and Exalted briefly (very fun game, completely over the top), Game wise I've played the MMO Eve Online for the past 2-3 years, Asherons Call a while ago, World of Tanks, Cal of Duty 4, 6 and Black Ops, Left 4 Dead and a whole heap of other random games. Not sure if anyone in the family played dnd, think i'm the pioneering nerd in the family
    Dangerous. Mute. Lunatic.
    <Toastage>: and you're like "Ey Joe it is Smismar, I am belgium, ishn't that veird. Fix mai internetz or I cut you yehs?"

for some reason computer RPG's didn't occur to me when i made this thread lol - i'll add Diablo 1&2, Guild Wars (way better then WoW), Star Trek Online, and I include all the Dungeon Keepers, and both Majesty's.

I have plenty of experience with computer/console RPGs (both WRPG and JRPGs), too many to list although my fave WRPG is Mass Effect 2 (also yay Guild Wars ^ ).

No experience with table top games although my girlfriend has ranted to me several times about them not to mention dragging me into games workshop here in Glasgow. I like what I've seen though when I was there .
    A wise man once said to me, "life is hard, but it's harder if you're stupid" - Duthos

Hi everyone,

I've played all sorts of RPGs: AD&D, Star Wars, Rolemaster, GURPS, and lots more. I have also been playing CRPGs since Ultima II and Might & Magic 1 days. I have played a lot of MMORPGs including Everquest 1. I am currently playing Lord of the Rings Online with my husband and we both love it.

Plenty of experience with most d20 system games, as well as several other ranging from free form style games (like Aberrant) on paper to most modern mainstream (and less so) RPGs. Also, something to bring up since this will most assuredly include an XP system. Work in the mini-ding! Keeps the hamster on the wheel. :P
    --- Professional Hobbyist ---

My RPG experience is mostly digital... I did play 4th edition D&D for a while with friends but have stopped that recently. I do have a good bit of MMO experience though. I started with StarWars Galaxies when it launched and beta'd their "Jump to Lightspeed" expansion. I fouled around with EverQuest 1 then jumped to EQ2 when it came out and play if for a few years. I have a current Eve Online account which IMO is the best PVP experience an MMO player can get along with the unique customization you can get when outfitting your ships. I've also played a few free MMO's which I lost interest in very quickly.

Other then that, I have played many board games and dice games which might be useful but who knows, only time will tell.

I've played a few different RPG games, including several of the solo-adventure books by Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackson, D&D (AD&D, 3, 3.5 and 4.0 which is my favorite so far), old Storyteller (Vampire and Werewolf, tiny little bit of Mage) a very brief foray into the D20 incarnation of Call of Cthulhu, and a couple of local games from my country.
    On the electronic side of things, I've played a whole lot of crap. Almost all Final Fantasies, several other Sony/Square titles, Disgaea 2, both Mass Effects which are totally awesome and my main reason for owning a Xbox, Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Quest VIII and hopefully others of the series sometime soon, Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter (what was the number of that one? 4? hopefully will play more of the series soon), Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, Ragnarok Online, WoW, brief time in D&D Online.... I know I'm forgetting a lot of stuff, but I'm just a huge sucker for electronic RPGs, specially JRPGs.
    Lok'tar Ogar!

AD&D (1st, 3.5th & 4th Eds.) for many a year (also Baldurs Gate / Icewind Dale / NWN / NWN2)...uum... oh yeah; TMNT & Marvel Superheroes back in school

EDIT: Little bit of Sacred 2 too...
    Last edited by fatgav; 02-08-2011 at 03:37 AM.

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

Naughty nurse and patient, schoolteacher and student, landlord and tenant who's late on her rent... you know, the usual

I've played a whole lot of Guild Wars, which I absolutely loved. City of Heroes was another favorite of mine back in the day. More recently I haven't been playing any MMORPGs, but a lot of Mass Effect I and II. I think Mass Effect has the best background/story/whatever ever made. I've played Final Fantasy XIII, didn't like a whole lot but it was OKish I guess. I started playing Fable II but I never finished it, somehow it couldn't keep me interested. And Oblivion of course, I didn't expect to like Oblivion because I started playing it when I was really into the online RPGs and I couldn't understand how a single player RPG could be interesting... I was proven wrong, of course
    Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast