Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: and who are u?

Hello! I'm Mathieu from Vallejo, California, USA

I have a degree in game art and design and 3DS Max and Photoshop are my primary programs of choice. I am a bit of a generalist and try to keep abreast of technology and games.

In terms of MMO's I come from a City of Heroes and Second Life background. Currently I'm involved with a SL project that will be developed in parallel with Unity, so my current development system is unique to say the least.

I am looking forward to soaking in the knowledge!

Hi guys, I'm Andri Thorlacius. I'm from Iceland though I currently live in Sweden.

I'm studying Computer Game Development - Programming at the University of Skövde, this is my 2nd year. I spent some time during my High-School years I watched a couple of series from this site such as XNA101 and 3ds max fundamentals.

I just hope this will be a great learning experience and maybe I'll have a working game afterwards (^u^)

Hiya everyone, I'm Troels. I'm from Denmark

I have a Bachelor in Software Engineering and I'm currently studying Business administration and economics. In terms of experience I have been programming for quite some time and on all kinds of projects ranging computers games to more everyday applications.

I'm here to learn as such as possible since I hope to get into the gaming industry after I'm done with my studies

My name is Paul and I'm from the USA.

I am an MMO content designer. I've only been coding in C# and using Unity for about three weeks now, so I'm looking forward to the class and expanding my skill set.

Hello, My name is Irin Berry, pronounced "I-ren"

I am a professional game developer of 5 years, I've worked for High-Voltage Software Inc in the past on many of their Wii, PSP, PS2, and Xbox titles, I have since moved to Kirkland, WA and am currently working for Foundation 9 on crafting their next generation of handheld game engines. I've always had a an interest in MMO's as they solve numerous resource problems I find fascinating. However this has always been a subject you have to learn on the job or in a book, never in a class. So I'm extra excited that 3D Buzz is going to approach this subject and I'm excited to see what comes out of this class.

Most of my programming experience in the past has been using C++ and OpenGL (or OpenGL based console SDKs) in the past, so I've recently been picking up C# over the past couple years. I also have really enjoyed the Unity Engine's interface and extensibility and I can't wait to use it more. I honestly enjoy its interface more then UED or many of the other game editors I've seen in the past. And while I think it has room for improvement, such as a better built in path-finding system, I can see the means to extend it to include these kind of improvements and thus I don't feel trapped in anyway.

Glad to meet everyone, and i look forward to working with you all.
    Irin

Hi! This is Tim from Virginia. At my day job I work for the government in the medical industry as a systems engineer. I also moonlight as cto/lead developer of a small development group focused on mobile apps and we are currently about a year into development on a Unity/Smartfox mmo and I wanted to join up with this effort which is taking a slightly different approach to compare and contrast the different products and techniques. I'm proficient in most programming languages including c# and js/as. I am interested in learning more about the character creation implementation, entity management, data exchange and message validation/exchange.

I look forward to our challenges ahead!

Hello everyone, my name is Mohamed
    I'm a TA at the faculty of information technology in Bosnia, I love programming and 3D graphics, been modeling in Maya since about 7 years (but I'm not an artist, so no good models!! ). Currently researching/writing my master dissertation in Augmented Reality, but planning write a PhD about game development for sure (got some ideas here and there.. but its too early!!).
    I'm sharpening my C# skills with Nelson corner and ASP.NET. So I could help in:
    - C# programming.
    - OpenGL (still researching the dynamic pipeline now )
    - Maya.

Glad to be among you guys, and looking forward to working with you all
    Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.
    Tom Stoppard

My name is Aniella
    I'm from São Paulo, Brazil.

I studied Game Design and I'm currently studying Computer Engineering.
    I've worked as Game Master and as Maya Generalist.

Hope we can build new skills together.

My name is Kevin and I am from Reno, Nevada. I studied electrical engineering and computer programming in college, but work as a maintenance supervisor with some industrial engineering and automation system design thrown in occasionally. In my free time I enjoy programming and tinkering around in 3ds max. I have taken a few 3d buzz classes in the past, they have been great, and am looking forward to this one as well!

I'm Diede,
    I live in Belgium and I'm 16 years old.

I'm in the 5th year of high school and I follow IT.
    Game Development has been the direction I want to go for a few years now.
    I've been programming in all kinds of languages and I've been trying to make an MMO several times.
    I see this class as THE opportunity to finally learn to do it and do it the correct way.

I love all the people that have been teaching me in these videos the last few days
    and looks like I will love a lot of other people who have the same interest here.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast