Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    FatGav I wish I was kidding you but no mate thats the culprit right there. I approached the problem another way this time because I could not see where the fault lay. So I started at the top and copied the variables first from a good working copy to the faulty one I had. When it failed then it was a case of copying the methods one by one and seeing which one makes the code work. Thats how I found it. Thank you for talking the time and trying to help .

I thought it was a good point too Segfault.

Until the next drop darkmobius it appears I am up to date and its all done.

chronos78 At the time of my last post I was looking through the code I have trying to work out where LastUpdate() was being called from and I couldn't figure it out. So thank you for letting me know that it was a monobehaviour call. That explains the lack of errors and why it failed. I feel like fool too now because ,if I am right, if I cannot find where a method is called from then I should have looked through the manual, damn I wish I had thought of that earlier but you know why I didn't don't you? It's in a guy's genes that he reads the manual only as a last resort LOL.

Thanks again for all the help everyonew.
    Intel i7 x5960 @ 4.6GHz (8 cores) | Asus Titan X x2 + MSI Titan X x2 | Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Quad Ram | 1 BuRay Writer | 4 x 1TB HD's | Asus PB287Q 4K Gaming Monitor + Dell 24" Monitor | 1500W PSU | 150 Mbps Internet with NTL | Win 10 64 | My Home Page

Quote Originally Posted by chronos78 View Post
    Because if you miss spell the LateUpdate as lateUpdate then you have just defined a new method lateUpdate that will not be called by the functionality inherited from Monobehaviour. Where as if it is spelled correctly LateUpdate then Unity knows to call that method.
    Aah, I get it! Because LateUpdate() gets called behind the scenes, and none of the rest of the code we've written relies on things specific to our LateUpdate(), there's no error to throw because the base implementation is getting called!? Or am I way off?

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

No mate your not way off at all that about covers it nicely. Check it out LastUpdate in monobehaviour
    Intel i7 x5960 @ 4.6GHz (8 cores) | Asus Titan X x2 + MSI Titan X x2 | Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Quad Ram | 1 BuRay Writer | 4 x 1TB HD's | Asus PB287Q 4K Gaming Monitor + Dell 24" Monitor | 1500W PSU | 150 Mbps Internet with NTL | Win 10 64 | My Home Page

I can't remember exactly, but sometime Unity does give a yellow warning message at the bottom of the Unity Window when something is declared or created but not used. Maybe it is only for variables. So far every single time I got stuck on some not working code has been for typos The more you look for them the more your vision goes blurry and you simply can't see them Super frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by windybut_uk View Post
    ...LastUpdate...
    roflyssmtt! How appropriate...
    Last edited by fatgav; 02-06-2011 at 04:26 PM.

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

Quote Originally Posted by chronos78 View Post
    Because if you miss spell the LateUpdate as lateUpdate then you have just defined a new method lateUpdate that will not be called by the functionality inherited from Monobehaviour. Where as if it is spelled correctly LateUpdate then Unity knows to call that method.
    Right, I had forgotten how the code worked. LateUpdate is an override from MonoBehaviour. For some reason I assumed that WindyBut was trying to call a nonexistant method. Ironically I fell into this problem myself when I did the original Simple Game tutorials because I am so used to starting method names off with a lowercase letter. It all makes sense now

Your idea is dumb!

@njl - YEP

Sometimes I know that with the amount of information in these videos that I do miss some parts but missing or forgetting that LastUpdate was a biggy. On the bright side at least I can stop swearing at my PC now

Seriously I feel better knowing why it failed now because I hope to learn by these mistakes, hopefully.

At least you didn't put eyebrows on your character half way through and brak the whole thing by forgetting to take the colliders off it and spend 4 hours + sleep debugging

Your idea is dumb!

@njl - YEP

I did spend about 4 - 6 hours try to fix my problem so I feel your pain. Here is an odd thing though. I just created two planes and parented them in to the character. Then I positioned them to use as eyebrows and it worked fine and I did not remove any colliders either. So I wonder why you had a problem?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123