Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    I'm late to the party having missed the initial regristration, anyway just wanted to say thanks for creating this course ans sharing it with us! I've spent some time catching up on the videos and I can say I am very excited to be part of this

I'm also brand new (this is day 2 for me).Thanks for opening more spots in this class.

It will take a bit to catch up on all the videos, but the quality and depth of the content has been impressive so far. I love the idea of a camera over the shoulder during the dev process, but it's even better to have a class of students with the opportunity to learn more than a documentary DVD could offer.

Congratulations on such an ambitious and innovative course idea!

I must say this is totally what I was after, the content, the team, the ideas are totally exceeding my expectations..

Day 5 or 6 for me and I am 50% into the videos. Days in work with you guys on the secondary screen is making the days go by like a blizz...

Keep up the good work!!

Hello everyones,

That's my day 5 but there was the week-end between that took me time.

I am kindly new to Unity, so finishing Unity Fundamentals and the camera system with its associated level design before going too deeply inside the MMO Class, but already started to see the first two introduction videos.

My French main language force me to go slowly to be sure understanding correctly all of that great content.

Big Thanks for these fantastic series and all your massive investment in this work for us.

I will stay upon the end !

Hi all,

I am fairly new to 3D Buzz and I am loving this site. I appreciate the opportunity to take part in this class very much. Look forward to working through the videos and contributing to future discussions and being part of a great community Think I might have to put some money aside now and again when I can, so I can get some more tokens to catch up all the way
    Last edited by Judge; 04-27-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Hi all,

New MMO student here. I want to thank for opening a slot for me. I am fairly new to the 3d Buzz stuff, but I am loving it so far. It will take a huge chunk of my time to catch up with the videos as I am also watching Unity Fundamentals and Blender series . You guys are doing a fantastic job! I just wish I would have know about this class earlier...
    Last edited by boban; 08-19-2011 at 02:02 AM. Reason: typo

Hi all,

I am very excited to be here as well and also have to catch up a lot of stuff. Beside this, I am working my way through the Blender Viper videos and the Unity fundamentals.

I started my Buzz training with 3ds Max a few years ago and also enjoyed the C++ and C# training. 3d Buzz is doing awesome work and I haven't come across any better training than yours. It is always so much fun to listen to you guys and I learned a lot already and will continue to do so in the future. I am sure about that.

Thanks for letting me join the MMO class!

I'm quite honored to be apart of this experience. Thanks guys for letting me join the class!

Cheers!

So is this project dead? Not a whole lot going on the past couple months.

No, it isn't dead. Far from it.

Much of what's been happening over here has been in preparation for the next salvo of lessons, but the better part of it had to be dealt with behind closed doors. For instance, we lost one of our developers (for all intents and purposes) and have brought on someone else to help out. As with all such situations, this led to a review/audit of what had been coded so far with adjustments and updates made to accommodate the new talent. It had to be done, and the result is something that we're overall much more satisfied at working with, which is even more important.

Apart from that we've been shifting over to a rather thick aspect of development, that being the networking side of things. In order to test that out in the smoothest manner we came up with a simple test bay in the form of the RuneSlinger game. No, it's not an MMO, but the primary server-client architecture works as a marvelous starting place for how our primary MMO server will be developed.

So we have been doing quite a bit. It's just not the kind of things that would have worked into much by way of useful videos and we're trying our very best to balance the "over-the-shoulder" feel against feeling like we're bloating the video list. On the flip side, we've not advanced new chapters in that much time, and we completely understand if people can't stay on. Of course I still have a lot of people who ask me each day about joining in, so I can't just say that you can come and go as you please, but that's just how these things go.

Sorry if you feel that things have died, and I hope this has helped in some way.

Cheers!

Zak

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast