Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Well, I got a couple of decent pictures when it snowed on Wed. but I'm holding out for a little bit yet since it's supposed to snow some more in the next few days. We shall see what happens with the weather. I'll probably post some this week sometime though especially if we get some more snow (it's already melted here).

Geeze! I think I forgot to post on the last contest thread and I never got any emails when the thread was updated...I didn't even know this one had started!! Okay, here's my entry. Like elevating, unfortunately, I too live in the one stupid state that doesn't snow. Fortunately, you can still find Christmas trees around...even if some of them are palm trees. This was taken in an outdoor mall in West Palm Beach, FL. It was actually done with my wife's Olympus point and shoot propped up on something. I left the shutter open for half a second.

Apeture - f/3.1
    Shutter Speed - 1/2 second
    ISO - 200

Woah! Props to MrC and Nelly for that image uploader script! So much easier than Image Shack!
    Last edited by Mr3d_PHD; 01-25-2011 at 07:22 PM.
    -Mr. 3d

There are people sitting in t-shirts outside next to a christmas tree... You have no idea how strange that looks to me
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

Christmas here sucks dude. Some years its in the 80s on Christmas. =(
    -Mr. 3d

Awesome Mr3d_PHD! Now that's what I like to see! Christmas somewhere else! Cool! But not cold eh!
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone3d View Post
    There are people sitting in t-shirts outside next to a christmas tree... You have no idea how strange that looks to me
    Looks perfectly normal to me.
    I'd wear a jacket and people are always saying "aren't you HOT in that thing?!"

The weird thing to see though was one winter where this guy from Utah was visiting one of my classes, and he's standing up at the front and literally sweating. It's frikkin winter, we're indoors, and this guy is sweating.

Mr Charisma: Thanks for the photography advice. Perhaps later I will try to retake that same photograph.
    Read my Webcomic:
    maytiacomic.com
    Check up on my progress at:
    marscaleb.com

One week to get those wintery pictures! And yes, you people from Australia can take pictures during the summer on this one
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

Yeah you guys. I don't wanna hear any whining. I live in a giant wet hot swamp and I managed to put in a submission.
    -Mr. 3d

ya ya ya... your so awesome mr3d!!!
    lol
    so is that like christmas in July? lol
    Please let me know when we are going to have some fun so I can pay attention.

If it was Christmas in July, there would be a fire warning because of the extreme heat and that tree would become a fire hazard. No smoking within 500 feet!
    -Mr. 3d

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast