So, I figured I would post this because it really drove me nuts on how to get this thing installed and working properly in my newly bought Delphi XE. I'm still pretty new to the wonderful world of Delphi and Object Pascal, so I didn't know how to go about installing it into Delphi since almost everything I had read was for older versions of Delphi which had worked differently then the newer versions.

So I figured I'd make this post in case anyone else had the same levels of frustration I had when trying to get the thing to work.

Though, please bare with me as I have no screen shots to show.

So, first of course you download GlScene from sourceforge,http://sourceforge.net/projects/glsc...s.zip/download

Now this comes with versions of it for every version of Delphi from Delphi 7 and up. However, I will focus on installing it in Delphi XE.

So now once you downloaded the folder and extracted it, make sure to put it somewhere where it counts - put it where you want it to stay, because it 's going to have to stay there for the remainder of it being on your computer.

Now, go into Delphi and go to up Tools in the toolbar, and go to Options. Then go to Delphi Options, and go to Library. Then click on the button to add directories to your Library Path. Click on the folder Icon, and navigate to where you have that GlScene folder. Go inside of it and click on the Source folder and click on OK. Then click on Add, and then OK. Now, we're going to do the same thing with your Debug DCU Path. Except with a lot more folders.

You're going to need to add the, Source, Base, CgShaders, DesignTime, FileFormats, GameAPIs, PhysicsAPIs, Platform, ScriptingAPIs, Shaders, SoundAPIs, VideoAPIs, and RecyclerMM folders. RecyclerMM though is found under Utilities, and not Source. Once this is done, make sure that SDL.dll, ode.dll (all of them), bass.dll, and fmod.dll are all in your windows/system32 folder. Once this is all done you're ready.

Now open up the DesignTime.dpk file from the Delphi XE folder, then in your project manager view, right click on it and you should see the word "install" in the pop-up menu. Once you click on that, a small pop-window will show up saying how it's compiling and loaded your .bpl file, and another pop-up saying all the new components that were installed. Start up a new project, and look at your component's palette. And viola! You should have 4 new sections!

I hope this is or can be of some help for anyone.

In the off chance that no one knows what GlScene is, directly from the site - GLScene is an OpenGL based 3D library for Delphi. It provides visual components and objects allowing description and rendering of 3D scenes in an easy, no-hassle, yet powerful manner.

GLScene is not just an OpenGL wrapper or utility library, it has grown to become a set of founding classes for a generic 3D engine with Rapid Application Development in mind. GLScene allows you to quickly design and render 3D scenes without having to learn the intricacies of OpenGL, if you know how to design a TForm, you'll easily master the basic operations of GLScene. The library comes with a large collections of demos showcasing the ease of use, and demonstrating RAD wasn't done at the expense of CPU/GPU horsepower.

In other words, some very, very, very cool stuff indeed.