Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    That is awesome Lee!

Just a forewarning to everyone looking forward to this series, it DOES require Unity Pro!

Unity Pro is the only version that supports OpenGL mesh creation, Unity Free does NOT.

Very cool non-the-less though!

Quote Originally Posted by m50 View Post
    That is awesome Lee!

Just a forewarning to everyone looking forward to this series, it DOES require Unity Pro!

Unity Pro is the only version that supports OpenGL mesh creation, Unity Free does NOT.

oh... bum

Ah well, I'll end up going through it all anyway, I'm sure... Keep up the good work, Lee

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

I have to read this again more fully but from what i saw.. WOW! Looks fantastic...
    Please let me know when we are going to have some fun so I can pay attention.

so don't install Unity till after the lessons
    30 days of trial fun
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Quote Originally Posted by elevating View Post
    so don't install Unity till after the lessons
    30 days of trial fun
    ROFL! I came back to add something to that effect to my previous post... This has the worrying implication that I have some sort of mental link with elevating

I found

That is awesome Lee!

I'm wouldn't be so sure about that. But don't quote me on that just yet. It is true that you don't have access to low level OpenGL calls in the free version. Luckily I'm not using them. What I'm using instead is the Mesh Object provided by the Unity API and hand assigning the vertices, UVs, and triangles. No low level access required. So I'm pretty sure that the only thing I'm using that won't be available to everyone is real time shadows. Though I'll check later today on my other machine if standard can run this project and let you guys know for sure. And if not we will be covering that 1st way I did the project as well just not in a whole lot of juicy detail as it has a very limit ability to draw a whole lot of blocks.
    Last edited by chronos78; 11-29-2010 at 09:04 AM.

That looks freakin sweet! It's funny seeing the blocky ground and the normal clouds. And now I really want to play Minecraft...
    The odds of hitting your target increase significantly when you aim at it.
    Check out my iOS games released in the App Store!
    Tricky Treasure Fall
    Tap 'n' Scrap
    UFO Escape From Earth

Quote Originally Posted by chronos78 View Post
    I'm wouldn't be so sure about that [...] So I'm pretty sure that the only thing I'm using that won't be available to everyone is real time shadows [...] And if not we will be covering that 1st way I did the project as well [...]
    That's excellent news Now all I want is one of these:

I found

u've probally been asked or stated this elsewhere but what language are you using in these projects?

Jesus Christ Lee!! You have been busy man! This project looks amazing and I am sure it is WAAAYY more complex than it appears. Well I have never played Minecraft so I guess I should go get started to see what I am getting myself into when I start this series!

-Dane

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast