Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Just published another article, where I go over the big picture and how the process of generating terrain is put together.

Should I start a new thread for this stuff?

I would say yes just create a thread with your stuff in it. Makes it easier to follow.
    " Imagination is the preview of life's coming attractions " - Albert Einstein
    " If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

My Website: http://www.gamedevlounge.com/

If any post is informative please provide positive feedback by clicking the star below.

Lee, how do you handle draw calls in your minecraft game?

I'm not trying to create a minecraft game, but in my game I will have a large grid of terrain tiles. My problem is dealing with the way unity handles draw calls and how it batches objects... whether dynamically batching, static batching, or combining the meshes. Each tile needs to be able to be swapped out or modified, but I'm just ending up with hundreds and hundreds of draw calls even on a 25x25 grid, particularly because I'm dealing with point lights as well.

Can you offer some nuggets of insight?

Or maybe draw calls isn't a problem at all because they're all only six sided geometry and can easily be dynamically batched.
    Last edited by Raziaar; 04-03-2012 at 11:02 PM.
    Hello everyone and welcome to another 3DBuzz VTM, and tonight we'll be programming in Brain****!

started thread here

@Raziaar
    Read my very first article, as I deal with precisely that issue.

Thanks paulpach, I will check it out.
    Hello everyone and welcome to another 3DBuzz VTM, and tonight we'll be programming in Brain****!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617