Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    My ideas aren't really working so far. I was trying to go for something humorous.. and the photographs never seem to meet the standards of my imagination. lol

First I was trying to sell cardboard by sitting in a box with a box hat on acting like I was having fun. Photo looked more ridiculous than funny. lol! Now I have an image in my head of a kid in a cardboard suit running and leaping through the air with a giant red cape flowing behind him. Probably more suitable for a painting.

Quote Originally Posted by Marscaleb View Post
    I don't really see myself as raising panic here; I hope I have not misrepresented my intentions. I'm just a little apprehensive about it. After all, sex sells, so when people plan out how to sell a product, that one pops up as an easy way to sell the product. It's rule number one for marketing.
    To point out the obvious this is a contest and be it for fun or other wise it’s rather counter productive to place limitations as part of the intent rather than to let someone push the limits of their own creativity to what they assume or hope will be a winning entry.

…. Even if it gets close to or even cross the line of what someone would consider distasteful.

In the end it should be the one who pushes the limits of the “rules” as out lined that should win and will be the one that will ultimately decided if such a rule will be required for the next contest of a similar nature.

Practical wise it’s rather unfair to pre-judge what someone will or won’t do and make up some rule in anticipation of what could very well be an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatham View Post
    Wow. My idea was WoW related too. Now I gotta find something completely different! Thanks a lot Kuanbyr!

If there was a storming off emoticon, I'd totally use it right now!
    lol. Looks good though kuanbyr.
    Oops, sorry Meatham! My bad! And I had a lot of things to choose from too!
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

I totally didn't get anywhere near what I wanted.. not even the same product.. but damned if I don't have a bunch of ideas for some watercolor/gouache paintings. lol

Heres my entry.. I think. I'm selling WOHC GOD! BY ANIRUD.

Need info about it?

Canon T2i
    F/5.6
    1/10 sec exposure time.
    1600 ISO

I saved it as "Show Me Your Puppies!"

Heres another one, but I don't like it as much. lol http://lh4.ggpht.com/_9mZaEol_-m8/TQ...24/MOHCGOD.jpg

The bag was upside down. I didn't want to just dump it out for this photo.To be honest, showing two shih tzus in sweaters by a Christmas tree makes me feel a little less manly. But I've exhausted all of my options.

I basically just brightened the image and brought the blacks up a bit.

/me wipes away a tear and scampers off.

Edit: I think the second one is probably more likely to sell Dog Chow. The first one seems like the bag is just sitting there.
    Last edited by Meatham; 12-12-2010 at 04:42 PM.

you probably should put the bag to the edge of the pick, you probably could take the pick you have and just crop off the left hand side

I was confused at first cause from a glance I though ANIRUD said Android I was looking for a computer or something of the sort
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Quote Originally Posted by Meatham View Post
    I saved it as "Show Me Your Puppies!"
    Nice! ...With a mind like that, you've got a guaranteed future in advertising

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

December 16th, 23:59 GMT +1.
    just a reminder that there is only two days left till the contest closes

aw whaaat. I thought it ended on the 13th.

just means you still have time if you wanted to edit your shot

Last minute entry! In retrospect shouldn't have shot so tight, but thems the breaks.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast