Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So if I want to do windows programing I should look elsewhere like C#? I never heard www. And what is windows programing called in C# WPF?

Quote Originally Posted by dodlegion View Post
    So if I want to do windows programing I should look elsewhere like C#? I never heard www. And what is windows programing called in C# WPF?
    By WWW I mean, the World Wide Web as in, the WWW has significantly reduced the demand for windows application developers as people move more to the web.

The two "main" ways to do windows application development in C# are WinForms and WPF. WinForms is old, and simply sits ontop of the base win32 libraries. WPF is much newer, and shares many commonalities with Silverlight (in that, if you can make a WPF app, you can make a Silverlight app).

Thanks guys. Yall cleared that up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicSansMS View Post
    and in case you still have any doubts: you will never, under no thinkable circumstances want to use this stuff unless you absolutely have you. it's probably the single most awful extension of the language ever done
    Awful or not, I'm really enyoing it much better than Clear Native C++.

If you really want to learn Windows programming with C++ get Programming Windows its old but the concepts are there and this is the book on Win32 programming. Mind you that it is not MFC, but honestly I've never liked MFC. This book shows you a ton of stuff, and for anything else MSDN(The dynamic help of Visual Studio is something I can't go without) is the best resource, though you may have to dig through to get to the non .NET stuff.
    CodeGuru: DLL Tutorial For Beginners by me. Rated 4 1/2 out of 5.

Are there any how tos on how to use the MSDN effectivly? I find using the MSDN very difficult to navigate and find information.

I find using the MSDN very difficult to navigate and find information.
    it's kind of designed that way. you'll get used to it eventually.

Are there any how tos on how to use the MSDN effectivly? I find using the MSDN very difficult to navigate and find information.
    That would be a great book
    "Teach Yourself MSDN In 24 Hours" lol

But yea, the more you use it the more you get used to it burying everything you are actually looking for. I usually use google to search the function or structure with 'MSDN' after it.
    CodeGuru: DLL Tutorial For Beginners by me. Rated 4 1/2 out of 5.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12