Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Wolfknightly's Sketchbook. (Mild Nudity!)

Wolfknightly's Sketchbook. (Mild Nudity!)

Edit: I am going to go ahead and just change the meaning of the phrase mild nudity to mean, tasteful nudity. There may be genitals on future drawings. Trying to make sure that there are no genitals has just become too big a hassle for me.

Warning! if you click on this picture and go to the link there is also full nudity there. Same is true for any of these links I guess. Imageshack just puts all the pictures together, even if they are in separate albums. I don't know how to avoid this, so I am sorry about that.

Hi everyone. Thank you for stopping by. Two years ago I decided to pick drawing back up, only this time really learn to draw well. Thanks to the Internet that has become much easier. I bought some training videos for learning to draw the human form from your mind. They are called “The Structure Of Man 101”, and can be found on the Alienthink.com website. I have now reached the end of the main lessons. I still have some bonus lessons to go and then I will go over to the other, more advanced lessons I have also bought from the same guy, Riven Phoenix.

I am very happy with my progress, but I still have a log way to go before I am a professional artist. Well, I am finally at the point where I would like some feedback on my work. I have three drawing now that I want to put up for you guys, and hopefully get feedback and critiques on them. I am very proud of them, as it is the first time, with the course, that I have drawn the full body. They are far from perfect though. Most of my trouble was in the feet and hands, but the feet were the worst for me. Feet have a odd way of looking weird even if you get them right, and if not... well then they will look even more odd.

The other thing to note is that they are not drawn with with line quality in mind. Some lines are too dark, and or think, where they shouldn't be. I did not care to fix this for these drawings as my goal for them was just to get the correct form. It is the proportions and the shape of them, that I am trying to get looking correct right now. So I am really just most interested in how I did with that, and any advice for improvement you might have. Feel free to say nice things to if you like.

Also if you would like to look at my earlier work as I have gone through the course, you can look at them on these links.

http://www.3dbuzz.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=860

http://www.3dbuzz.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=837

Front view

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Back view

Side view

Thanks for your time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullmfigureside1.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	72690  
    Last edited by Wolfknightly; 04-25-2012 at 05:39 AM.

the only thing I can say is that if it was for a 3D model the arms probably should be out but all in all those are some very nice drawings
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

I'm currently taking these courses. I'm only into the portion on the head with side and front view. I need to work with them more often but they are fantastic.

Wow, that's really well done. I wish I could draw the human figure that well from the mind. I have a hard time getting correct proportions when drawing from a reference. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more.

Elevating:

Thanks for commenting. They are not drawn for a 3D model. They do look like image planes though, more or less, but they are not really trying to be one guy, and have some differences that would not work that well, being used as image planes for a 3D model.

The reason that I have drawn a front back and side view like that is in an attempt to master the object. If you are going to draw from your mind, that is something you should do first. First you must understand the drawing from all sides before you are ready to draw it in a three fourths perspective view. Once you get into a 3d perspective, you will have to deal with foreshortening, something which needs an understanding of the object to pull off.

I should have said before, but these three drawings are somewhere between drawing from what I see and from my mind. I drew mine very different then what he drew in the lessons, so I was kind of on my own for that. But I didn't just sit down and draw it all out, I kept looking at multiple references as I went along. But in the end I drew my own thing.

Draganon:

Welcome to the site. When did you start going through these lessons? Did you get them before, or after he added all that good revised bonus content that he offers now with it. It is much better then the bonus content that came with mine. If you have it then I am jealous of you. Good luck with it, I hope you stay with it.

CgCody:

Thanks man. I am glad you like it. I am getting more and more dissatisfied with them, while somehow still remaining simultaneously proud of them. It is a good start on the full male figure anyway. They did not come easy by the way. I look forward to when I am good enough to just draw stuff out, without all the struggling. But this is a good step because now I have these as references for me to use. Plus I have gone through the steps of working out how to do them, and that is worth more then just looking at them. You have to go through it yourself because problems of line shape and proportions come up that you wouldn't think would be an issue when you look at a reference. This is because your eyes understand what they are seeing. It is only after trying that you realize how dumb your hand is.

Actually the thing is, that you make just a little curve a little two steep, or a little too soon, or even to late, or not steep enough, and you have made it like completely wrong. It is surprising how much of a difference the slightest change can be. You can't just look at it and figure it out, you have to try it, step back, and then think it through, and then get back in there and try it again. That is why practices is so important. I myself need to practices much more.

I don't really remember how the quote goes, but I read somewhere something I liked. It went something like, if you all you do is read about how to draw and look at pictures or watch artist work, you can end up with a brain that is smart about art, but dumb hands.

Gesture Drawings

Alright, I have uploaded some new scanned drawing of mine. They are focused on Gesture drawing.

Gesture drawing 1.

These first drawings are a bit rough, but they helped me work out some issues with drawing with gestures for in the future. They are also very simple, strait drawings, and aren't the kind of dynamic poses that you would normally associate with Gesture drawing. But everyone needs to start somewhere, and as I drew them a bit sloppy, it was very good that I started simple.

Gesture drawing 2.

This one was a very cool step for me. The teacher called it a mannequin. It kind of looks like a robot. But the important thing about it, is that it simplifies what you are doing by making the body out of basic shapes. It made it simpler for me to figure out what I was doing. My mind was not clouded with what I think the body needs to look like. I was just making shapes, so I didn't have to wonder how it should look, I was creating something on my own, and therefor already knew what I was doing, and how it should look, and or work. It helped me understand some basic things on the figure, that made my next drawings easier. Plus I think it just looks cool. I will have to keep basic shapes in mind when trying new things, as a good experimental practices. Sometimes the little details can sever to obscure the minds hold on the overall shape of things.

Gesture drawing 3.

Gesture drawing 4.

After drawing Gesture drawing 3, It made drawing number 4 much easier. It is nice to draw the same thing over again, as it comes easier, and helps solidify how to do it, and it ends up looking better the next time you do it.
    Last edited by Wolfknightly; 04-25-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Dynamic Poses.

Dynamic Poses.

These are still Gesture drawing, but they are also getting into Dynamic poses.

Gesture drawing 5 - Dynamic poses 1.

This drawing is just taking a wider stance with the legs apart more, for the most part. But, even with only this small step, it ends up being more fun to look at.

Gesture drawing 6 - Dynamic poses 2.

This is almost the same dynamic drawing as Gesture drawing 5, but in this one I have moved the right arm up and stretched out. The reason given for this is simple, and may go without saying. But when we are first getting into dynamic poses, it is a good idea to only change one thing at a time, so that your mind doesn't have to struggle as much to figure out how things should look. Your mind already knows how to draw the figure in that pose, so you do it just the same as before, and only have to figure out how the one thing that is different fits into it.
    Last edited by Wolfknightly; 04-25-2012 at 01:57 AM.

looking really good there.
    Please let me know when we are going to have some fun so I can pay attention.

Thanks for you comment Archania.

Hey Wolfknightly, nice work! It is great to see what someone is able to do when going through this course. I've recently bought that myself and have started going through it as well. I am just beginning so it is cool to see where it takes you! Can't wait to see what you do with the advanced stuff!
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast