Will the xna training VTM's work with xna 4.0?

Will the xna training VTM's work with xna 4.0?

-Donavan

XNA has changed a bit. The forums here are a great help in any areas in which you might find a hitch. Most of the content is actually focused on getting you comfortable with C#, and all of that is still 100% applicable.

Thanks for the reply Zak

I am new to coding and thinking about buying XNA Xtreme 101: The Complete Bundle. Is there a lot of changes in xna 4 versus when the VTMs were recorded? When in the series does the traning focus on the xna framework?

-Donavan

Like ZaK said, you don't have to worry about it, since the main flow still stands.

I'm sure there will be some points that are different, but the most important stuff you will learn from the VTM's (the language C# and its inner workings) will be exactly the same.
    All the training uses the XNA framework, but you will see the focus becoming more and more apparent towards the end of each DVD.
    The starting video's are used to explain new concepts and the following video's focus on using these concepts in combination with the XNA framework to create some games.

Oh man, definitely get it if you are at all interested in programing! It is just so well done it is crazy. There is also just so much info that they give you in it. The do a great job of explaining thing too. And making games is just a fun way to learn about programing whether you want to make games or not. Whenever I get fussy on a concept I just find the right video lesson in the XNA 101 course, and re-watch it. Best money for value I have ever spent. The concepts are the hardest things to learn and they make it easier in these lessons then any pace I know about.

I don't have xna 4.0 yet, but I do have 3.1, and the differences from the what they started have been pretty small. I don't know if it was 1.0 or one something when it started, but buy the end it was 2.0, or two something, and they went through the changes for how we had been doing a couple things, and they were very small. I don't even know what the changes for the 3.1 were, or if there were any, as far as what we would have to change for are code.

Like people have said, if you get stuck people here will help you. But if you are worried that the info in the lessons themselves are now obsolete, and therefor a wast of time, well nothing could be further then the then the truth.

I would even go so far as to say if you wanted to learn to program in a different object oriented language, and are just starting out, that you should still get these just to learn the concepts, in which they teach so well, in these videos.

I don't work here or anything, I was just in the xna class, and I was completely thrilled with what they taught in it, and how well they did at it.

I confirm, I was in the XNA class too. If you want to learn programming, there is no better deal on the whole planet!
    The cool part is that now I can apply the C# knowledge I gained from XNA to Unity.

Thanks everyone for your reply,

I went ahead and signed up for the member sponsorship and I been going through the VTM's and I got to say so far everything works and all the other VTM's look promising

Thanks this is awesome,
    -Donavan

Glad to hear it. You are in for a treat. I miss that class. It was just so fun.