Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    m50, that's an awesome tip!

Dane and Archania,
    Thanks!

I've just finished the snapping section in unity fundamentals and I thought I share with you two tips that aren't discussed..

Enjoy..

Excellent thread!

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

hareljann, cheers for the toggle snap tip

That is an awesome pivot video. Thanks for taking the time and sharing that info with us! I can see many uses why this would be useful.

-Dane

Really cool tips in the whole thread by the way.

Since we are talking about key presses,
    - when you are in the Hierarchy or Project window normally you Mouse-Click the little arrow to expand hierarchy or folders, then you mouse click sublevels/folders to expand more in the same group. BUT if you Alt-Click (MAC), i guess Option-Click on PC, you can expand the whole Hierarchy (or folders and sub folders) with one click, Alt-Click again to collapse the whole thing again

Hi HokutoTC, very cool trick.. remind me of Maya's outliner..

one last thing for today:
    as I made the last video tutorial I've found myself switching a lot from center to pivot mode and from global to local mode..
    moment ago I remembered that there are shortcuts for that so:
    Z = toggle Center/Pivot
    X = toggle Global/Local

Anyway.. finished today 8 hours of unity fundamentals.. now I'm tired..
    Good night!

As some of you may know that if you hold down the right moose button you can look around in the scene view. But here the thing while holding down the right mouse button you can press the following keys to navigate.

w - forwards
    s - backwards
    a - strafe right
    d - strafe left
    q - move down
    e - move up
    shift - accelerates the above keys EG. Right mouse button, shift and w would move forwards fast.

Remember that the right mouse button must be held down for those to work. Obviously you will still be able to use the mouse to point in the direction you wish to move.
    Intel i7 x5960 @ 4.6GHz (8 cores) | Asus Titan X x2 + MSI Titan X x2 | Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Quad Ram | 1 BuRay Writer | 4 x 1TB HD's | Asus PB287Q 4K Gaming Monitor + Dell 24" Monitor | 1500W PSU | 150 Mbps Internet with NTL | Win 10 64 | My Home Page

Quote Originally Posted by HokutoTC View Post
    Really cool tips in the whole thread by the way.

Since we are talking about key presses,
    - when you are in the Hierarchy or Project window normally you Mouse-Click the little arrow to expand hierarchy or folders, then you mouse click sublevels/folders to expand more in the same group. BUT if you Alt-Click (MAC), i guess Option-Click on PC, you can expand the whole Hierarchy (or folders and sub folders) with one click, Alt-Click again to collapse the whole thing again
    PC doesn't have an option key... It would be alt-click on PC. Only macs have an Option key.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123