Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Nice Image Mr 3d, I am always fond of B&W. Nice contrast with Jesus bright and the background so dark, worked very well.
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

One more week people! Also, would you want me to write a small intro to photography? Explain some of the terms, maybe a little bit on composition, and a little bit on light. Would this be of any interest?
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

I can't think of a single statue around here and the only ones I think I have well lets say I was a little inappropriate in them to post here
    I tried to see if I could get the barbies to work for me but it wasn't happening, hey that's all I have around here I did notice my daughters piggy bank which is now very heavy and decided that would work, it has some what of a meaning to me since it is her very first piggy bank.
    I actually like the picture on the computer better than what is posted here for some reason what I have gives the carpet a gray scale look which was kind of cool so it made the piggy stand out more but the posted pic for some reason brings the ugly green carpet into color.

@Clone3d that would be pretty cool, I am starting to see where photography and art can work together you start to see things a little different. I am trying to learn to draw and the same things seem to come up in photography as in drawing, lighting and shading.
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Quote Originally Posted by elevating View Post
    I am trying to learn to draw and the same things seem to come up in photography as in drawing, lighting and shading.
    Yep, very important stuff, did a lot of training in Lighting for video and photography, without light we have darkness. Without dynamic lighting, we have ho hum. There is a lot to it, but very much fun to experiment with!

Glad to see your photo!

Alright, I'll see what I come up. Might even take some pictures to go with the intro!
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

One piece of advice when it comes to statues & figures (or anything really) is to try shooting a lot of extreme close-ups. If the statue has any sort of face, you can add a lot of feeling to your shot by filling the space with the facial features, particularly the eyes.

http://www.3dbuzz.com/gallery/showph...e=eyes&cat=674
    -Mr. 3d

So about these figurines... Does lego count?

Here's the setup shot:

500D. 50mm f1.8 @ f10. I used maco extension tubes so I could focus closer to the little guy. The interesting thing about those tubes is they have no electronics passthrough, so you can't set aperture. The way around it is to put the lens on the camera, select the aperture, then hold down the DOF preview button. While holding that down, remove the lens. The iris will stay stopped down in that position until you put it back on the camera properly. That way, I can shoot at f10 without any aperture control through the tubes. The flash was fired using ebay triggers on 1/32 power. Shutter speed was 1/200. The only difference is in the actual shot, I held the flash so it was pointing in the top window, not to the side.

No crop. Custom white balance to give it more of a sunlight feel. Otherwise, this is pretty much straight out of camera.

defiantly better than my pig

mr_charisma! Nice lightbox for doing the lego worker! It is a great picture, nice work!

just a reminder there is only two days left for this one

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast