Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    If by exposure bracketing you mean taking several exposures and putting them together in post, then the answer is no.

@Swann: No, printscreens are not allowed
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

Oh yeah, I'm stupid. For some reason I thought he meant just bracketing and choosing the best exposure.
    -Mr. 3d

Yeah that's what I thought at first as well. Of course that should be allowed.

Nice one mr smiley! I have a few I'm thinking about entering too. I'd really like to take some new ones, so I'll probably enter one from my archive first, and then swap it out if I have a chance to take a new one. Let me know which one you guys think would make the best entry.

An awesome statue I found on the side of an old fountain in Spain. I really love this one....she looks so sad. Unfortunately, the photo is just sliiiiiightly out of focus. =/

This was taken in Toledo. This guy looks so much like John Cleese, doesn't he?

Took this one in Segovia right at the entrance to the city. If I remember right, it's supposed to have something to do with the city feeding off of Roman power at the time. The red rust on the baby's mouth makes it all the more freaky. Segovia is famous for it's unusually intact Roman aqueduct.

This is one of my favorites. There's some great emotion on this poor guy's face. This was taken in a huge cathedral with no flash, so it's very over saturated, but I really think the warm tones add to the photo. I'm glad it came out so well considering the low lighting.

If I remember right, this was taken at the same cathedral as the last photo. I thought this one looked much better in B&W with the dark background.

If you ever look at photos I take of people, you'll quickly learn that I love extreme close-ups. Sometimes focusing on only the eyes brings more feeling to the photo. This was a small horse figurine wearing battle armor for sale at a gift shop in Madrid.

Sorry I don't have the camera settings listed. I had to pull these from my Shutterfly page and those punks stripped away all the meta data. I can almost guarantee that the two cathedral photos were taken at 1/30 shutter speed on shutter priority so the aperture was wide open. If I decide to use one of these I'll try to go home and find the original so I can post more info on the technical stuff.

All were taken with my Nikon D100.
    -Mr. 3d

Nice one smiley

@phd tssk no surprise you went with statues...you got some great shot there. Best entry of those is a though one.

2/4/5/6 are all great, others aswell. I really can't decide which one is the best :/

----

Hope I get a chance to take a photo for this contest... I really want to take a new one.

Oh you brought game PHD. I have a load of statue photos on my external drive looks like I'm going to have to go dig up a real contender. 5 is my favourite, excellent composition

Ha ha ha, thanks guys. As I mentioned in the other thread, statues are my favorite thing to photograph. I've got tons of shots. Second would be architecture but unfortunately, some of the more whiny members here live on stupid old farms miles away from pretty buildings. *COUGH*Twice*COUGH*

mr smiley, BRING IT ON my man! Everyone bring it on, for that matter! I want to see a huge turnout, and so far, there are not nearly enough entries. Poor Clone makes a living off of these contests. If we don't get at least 20 entries this round, he'll have to sell his blood to feed his beer habit again. That's just not cool.
    -Mr. 3d

Quote Originally Posted by Mr3d_PHD View Post
    Everyone bring it on, for that matter! I want to see a huge turnout, and so far, there are not nearly enough entries. Poor Clone makes a living off of these contests. If we don't get at least 20 entries this round, he'll have to sell his blood to feed his beer habit again. That's just not cool.
    Hahaha! Very nice. I like all your shots Mr3d_PHD, but I think 4 is my favorite right now. I'm going to try and get some cool shots this weekend so I can enter the contest before the deadline. I look forward to seeing everyones entries!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr3d_PHD View Post
    Second would be architecture but unfortunately, some of the more whiny members here live on stupid old farms miles away from pretty buildings.
    architecture doesn't necessarily mean big fancy buildings it could be an old shack in the sticks. Its a structure with a design, may not be fancy but still is a building
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast