Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help

Help

I haven't been able to watch any member videos for the last month and I was just wondering if there is a person that Im supposed to contact to get this fixed. I've emailed info@3dbuzz.com, I've "reported the issue" under the videos several times, I've PMd Zak and Buzz and Ive posted in the forums but haven't received an answer anywhere. Can ANYONE point me in the right direction?? The software engineering videos like they're getting really interesting and Im missing out!

Thanks

I emailed you back on this. Please make sure you've added 3dbuzz.com to the appropriate system in your spam filter. Here's the same response I sent you.

If the SSL port on your router is blocked (I believe it's 443), you won't be able to see any of our content due to our SSL encryption. It's a relatively common problem that often gets overlooked.

As for the lost month, we'll extend your membership accordingly. Sorry about the hassle.

I emailed you back on this. Please make sure you've added 3dbuzz.com to the appropriate system in your spam filter. Here's the same response I sent you.
    Oh, I don't know why I can't see your email :S. I'll be sure to fix that.

If the SSL port on your router is blocked (I believe it's 443), you won't be able to see any of our content due to our SSL encryption. It's a relatively common problem that often gets overlooked.
    Thanks for the reply but how would I fix that exactly? I used to be able to watch all the videos without any problems so I dont understand why it would be blocked all of a sudden. I apologize for the noobiness.

As for the lost month, we'll extend your membership accordingly. Sorry about the hassle.
    Thanks! Its no big deal, I plan on being a member for a while, I just need to actually be able to see the videos!

The first thing I do when ever I have a connection problem is unplug the modem and router for a couple minutes then plug them back in. It may not solve it but it never hurts.
    elevating to new levels of knowledge (that's the plan at least )

Quote Originally Posted by smeth View Post
    Thanks for the reply but how would I fix that exactly? I used to be able to watch all the videos without any problems so I dont understand why it would be blocked all of a sudden. I apologize for the noobiness.
    As elevating mentioned, it's always good to unplug the modem and router every now and then so that it clears any, shall we say log jams. This will normally fix a lot of issues that can occur, a lot like rebooting your computer fixes many ails. On most routers the ports are normally open already. If someone else is managing your router, some ports may get closed on you. So if you are in control of your router yourself, odds are the router port is already open but if you manage the router yourself, just log onto it and check the ports in the setup. All the instructions for your particular router will be in the manual, including the login info. Hope that helps and you are once again viewing the great videos.
    For me, happiness is learning new things.

Well, an easy way to test if you have port 443 opened is to go to:
    https://paypal.com

If it works, 443 is working fine, if not then that's your problem.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I tried unplugging my router but that didn't seem to help...it was worth a try! Does it make a difference that I've tried from different computers using different connections (as in completely different locations)?

https://paypal.com works just fine so I guess that's not my problem. Could it be anything else?

I really am not sure. I'll talk it over with Buzz and we'll see what we can come up with, but I can't see why you shouldn't be able to connect.

Is flash completely up to date? Lots of people who come in to irc with video problems haven't quite updated flash or updated it cleanly

I really am not sure. I'll talk it over with Buzz and we'll see what we can come up with, but I can't see why you shouldn't be able to connect.
    Thanks, I'd appreciate that!

Is flash completely up to date? Lots of people who come in to irc with video problems haven't quite updated flash or updated it cleanly
    I just downloaded and installed the latest version. No luck :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast