Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sonic Fan Remix in Unity

Looks pretty cool

oh awesome! see, i'd actually pay for this one rather than sonic 4. This looks like it right back to the original and looks great.

Figured i'd throw in the link for the demo too
    http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=139947

For those horrified with sonic 4 and its slow movement & lame targetting system. Just pretend this is it! yeaaah
    Last edited by Twice; 10-21-2010 at 06:54 AM.

Wow that is freaking awesome! They did an excellent job keeping everything close to the original. I would have thought that recreating everything exactly would be a nightmare but they managed to pull it off! I am downloading the demo right now, can't wait to check it out and see how the controls feel.

For those like me who enjoy this type of thing... http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/ It is a shame that project got canceled but it was really cool seeing Chrono Trigger remade in 3d.

Thanks for this post!
    Dane
    Last edited by DaneC020; 10-21-2010 at 09:45 AM.

Wow. Sega needs to hire these folks right now! That's amazing!

Looks like the demo was already pulled.

New link to the Sonic Game download.. Still working as of now.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D315B1S7
    Last edited by DaneC020; 10-22-2010 at 09:25 AM.

got to play it a few minutes ago. Hell yeah! That was great. Felt perfect. Shame on you sega, shaaaame

Awesome, and I disagree with people saying the graphics are too cluttered and that it makes it difficult to see what's going on - Looks great to me, and doesn't make my eyes hurt like Sonic 4. If they recreated all the old levels with this level of polish that would be fantastic, and the ultimate thing would be if they were able to include some kind of level editor, just think of what the community would do with a tool like that!!

Sadly it seems Sega are already trying to crush this project, I guess copyright is copyright and money is money, no matter how awesomely it honours their original vision
    Current Projects:

Millennium Falcon WIP (mk2)

Actually I'm surprised they made it that far before Sega dropped the Atmoic Elbow from the top rope.

Well, as cool as it looks in the video, I have to side with Sega. They own the IP, whether it's a good game or not, whether it's for money or not. I mean, what happens to them when a few people get together and release a superior product using their IP for free and they can no longer sell their existing game using the same IP? Yes, it sucks for them for not being able to compete with an indie group, and yes, they really ought to be ashamed for not being able to do for money what some dedicated fans are doing for free. But that doesn't change the fact that the basis of the game belongs to them in the first place.

I know if I owned Sonic and saw a bunch of people getting excited about this free game and saying how much they hated Sonic 4, I'd be pretty quick to call a lawyer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast