10 22.22%
  • Yezariael

6 13.33%
  • elevating

6 13.33%
  • Reaper IV

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    sooooooo hard to choose! It was between Jami and Yezariael. I agree that no one should be allowed to use previously posted pictures until the contest has over 100 participants.

Great job guys!
    Angela Busby
    Email: angela@3dbuzz.com
    PM (Private Message): Angela
    Need help with store orders, please PM me!

A 100 participants... Wow.. That would be something to manage If the consensus is that Mr3d should be left out of this voting, then so be it. I do not have the powers to edit polls, so one of the mods would have to do so, and the 3 people that voted on him must cast their votes again.
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    i call to postpone the voting!

Mr3ds photo was used before in a previous photo contest.
    Im withholding my vote untill this matter has been resolved and Mr3d_PHD severely punished
    I Quote:

"06-13-2007 03:11 PM post#33
    Entry 2 - Lonely Door

I took this shot with a camera I borrowed from a friend a long time ago. All I remember is that it was a Canon Rebel. The photo was taken at Cape Canaveral AFB where they used to launch rockets into space back in the 50's & 60's. This door was part of what used to be some sort of large structure which was demolished over the years purely from the elements (probably a hurricane). The door, the concrete slab, and some of the building frame are all that remain."

im bringing you doooooown PHD
    HAR-OMPH!
    I really liked his entry and Clone3d didn't say it had to be new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone3d View Post
    Remember, it doesn't have to be a new image. A lot of the entries have been from people photolibraries.

Yes, I said that. But that was meant for people that didn't have time to go out and find new things to take pictures of for the contests, so they could look through what they already had on their computer. I didn't say anything about pictures being posted before, which I'm considering adding for the next contest.
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

A quick suggestion: In the future, put the theme into these Poll threads as well, just in case people forget the criteria for the contest.

I had to go with Jamianne's as well. The image is one of the clearest in terms of overall quality, also in clear composition. The next closest to me would have to be Yezariael, but my only real complaint there is that the scale and business of the image make it very difficult to find a focus point for the composition. Contrast is good, but isn't helping to draw my eye to any place in particular. If anything, I keep looking at the big black glob of trees near the left side.

Mr3D_PHD's is certainly cool, but I see more "door" than I do "destruction." The focus doesn't seem to be enough on the damage done to the place, and knowing that this is a repeat really diminishes it as an entry, especially when you take the focus into account. If there was another shot a bit further back showing more of the ruins behind, I might have voted differently. As for me, however, I don't think we need reruns in these contests. I'm fine with using photos that have been taken previously, but I'd prefer if we avoided previous entries into these contests.

The last thing I'll mention is that I'm seeing a lot of potential in these images, but I would encourage many of the contestants to really look into their photography fundamentals, specifically focus, lighting, and composition. Oh, and focus. Did I already mention focus?

Here are a few links, some of which my Photo I and Digital Photo profs sent to me a couple of semesters back. Some useful stuff. Can really help those of you who may feel lost when it comes to figuring out what a "good composition" might be. I like to emphasize that a "good eye" is certainly a learned thing. Don't get discouraged if you don't feel like you get it at first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_...and_principles
    http://www.amateursnapper.com/photog...position-rules
    http://photoinf.com/General/NAVY/Pho...on_Balance.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    but my only real complaint there is that the scale and business of the image make it very difficult to find a focus point for the composition. Contrast is good, but isn't helping to draw my eye to any place in particular. If anything, I keep looking at the big black glob of trees near the left side.
    Thanks for the input, very much appreciated. Gonna work on that whenever I get a working camera and spare time in the far future .

Glad to hear though that people liked it, makes me happy .

I voted for Mr3D... then I read the thread... um.. yeah. If there's nothing in the rules for this contest then you can't really complain - it's still his work & it still fits the theme of the contest.

My second place pick would be a tough choice between Jamianne's & Yazariael's - can't decide which
    Last edited by fatgav; 10-17-2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: clarification ;)

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!! Hang on now people. First of all, I'd like to point out that I had no idea that I had used this photo in a contest before. I've entered so many of these it's hard to keep track, so that was not intentional. Second, it should be noted that the entry in question from 2007 was in fact a DIFFERENT photo contest! That's right, back then it was yours truly running the photography x.0 contests...which are completely separate and independant form Clone's "Photography Mark x" contests. ..so technically, in this photo contests, I have never entered this photo. Third, Clone never specified anything about this in the rules, so to my dearest of dear friends Reflex and Twice I say, boo hoo to YOU good sirs! BOO HOO INDEED!
    -Mr. 3d

hahah. can we still just ban him anyway? look at him, ya just wanna grab his little face and throw it out dont ya? ^^

i love how this almost took off. makes my insides giggle

And it's settled then. Now, get back to voting!
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast