Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

3DBuzz MMO Warmup Game Progress

Alrighty then, I've decided to start a thread to keep everyone who maybe interest in the progress of the 3rd person platform game that we are current working on. As you may have seen in the article that was posted a couple days ago we are hard at work developing another concept game to help bridge the gap between the Unity Simple Game and the Full blown MMO project. If you're not aware of what this project is go check out the article on the front page. So without further ado.

No pretty shadows on this one since it will take to long to bake them out.

Today was all finishing up the controls & animations for the main character. As you can see above she can now climb ledges. She can also pick up items, place items, and push buttons. Of course she has the standards: run, strafe, jump, fall, land, etc.

Next up will be adding a ragdoll for when she dies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mmo_warmup_02.jpg 
Views:	2711 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	70847  
    Last edited by chronos78; 10-17-2010 at 01:12 AM.

That looks pretty snazzy! I think adding dancing is more important than dying though..I mean who wants to die from anything other than excessive dancing?

Awesome!

I'm dying to see all the techniques you guys use.

I'm wondering right now if you use raycasting for the climbing or maybe something more simple like trigger boxes to distinguish where ledges and stuff are that can be hung onto/climbed.
    Hello everyone and welcome to another 3DBuzz VTM, and tonight we'll be programming in Brain****!

Its looking very awesome. I plan to subsribe for the exclusive mmo content for sure, If i sub right now is there any other exclusive untiy vids i can get my hands on right now?

What kind of collision detection are you using for finding the edges when shes climbing, and orienting her towards the right direction? Is this something built into Unity or something that will be developed throught the videos?
    [quote][\quote]

Oh man; I can't wait... Have you implemented code to allow her to stand next to a silver lock, holding a gold key and saying, "No." in a monotone? ...Just for genre-specific nostalgia
    Last edited by fatgav; 10-17-2010 at 05:43 AM. Reason: spelling!

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

I like others in this post am totally looking forwards to these videos and I appreciate you posting sceen shots. But I have to ask a question already, so here goes. While I was looking at the screen shot above I noticed that it has nice shadows. I thought that the shadows were only available in the purched version of Unity 3.

So are you using the free version to create those screen shots or is it the pro version?
    Intel i7 x5960 @ 4.6GHz (8 cores) | Asus Titan X x2 + MSI Titan X x2 | Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Quad Ram | 1 BuRay Writer | 4 x 1TB HD's | Asus PB287Q 4K Gaming Monitor + Dell 24" Monitor | 1500W PSU | 150 Mbps Internet with NTL | Win 10 64 | My Home Page

Quote Originally Posted by fatgav View Post
    Oh man; I can't wait... Have you implemented code to allow her to stand next to a silver lock, holding a gold key and saying, "No." in a monotone? ...Just for genre-specific nostalgia
    That would be awesome XD.

Nice screenie so looking forward to the videos for both this and the simple game

Quote Originally Posted by WindyBut_UK View Post
    I like others in this post am totally looking forwards to these videos and I appreciate you posting sceen shots. But I have to ask a question already, so here goes. While I was looking at the screen shot above I noticed that it has nice shadows. I thought that the shadows were only available in the purched version of Unity 3.

So are you using the free version to create those screen shots or is it the pro version?
    In fact, if you notice, the character isn't producing any shadows, that means that is the free version.

Payed version comes with REAL TIME shadows.

Both unity versions comes with really nice static shadows.

Thank you m50 for pointing that out Your right I should have spotted that one. I still think it looks cool though!
    Intel i7 x5960 @ 4.6GHz (8 cores) | Asus Titan X x2 + MSI Titan X x2 | Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Quad Ram | 1 BuRay Writer | 4 x 1TB HD's | Asus PB287Q 4K Gaming Monitor + Dell 24" Monitor | 1500W PSU | 150 Mbps Internet with NTL | Win 10 64 | My Home Page

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast