Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziaar View Post
    I'm wondering right now if you use raycasting for the climbing or maybe something more simple like trigger boxes to distinguish where ledges and stuff are that can be hung onto/climbed.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by wforl View Post
    What kind of collision detection are you using for finding the edges when shes climbing, and orienting her towards the right direction? Is this something built into Unity or something that will be developed throught the videos?
    I'm not telling. You'll have to wait for the videos to see how we did it. But it is a really slick system.

Quote Originally Posted by michaet View Post
    Its looking very awesome. I plan to subsribe for the exclusive mmo content for sure, If i sub right now is there any other exclusive untiy vids i can get my hands on right now?
    Not at present. But the videos on how to make this game as well as a more sophisticated version of the Simple Game will be coming very soon. I will be flying out to Dickson this coming Saturday to record the videos for this game and I believe Jason is planning on having the new Simple Game videos finished by the time I get there. So there is a very good chance you will see some videos showing up in the next week or two. Oh and did we mention these will be up for free for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by fatgav View Post
    Oh man; I can't wait... Have you implemented code to allow her to stand next to a silver lock, holding a gold key and saying, "No." in a monotone? ...Just for genre-specific nostalgia
    I could along with dancing but it will push back development time a bit, say a week or so. Or I could get this project out the door and you can implement it in the version you make.

Quote Originally Posted by m50 View Post
    In fact, if you notice, the character isn't producing any shadows, that means that is the free version.

Payed version comes with REAL TIME shadows.

Both unity versions comes with really nice static shadows.
    Well actually... it is the Pro Version. If you read the image caption you'll see that I didn't take the time to bake out the lightmaps and dial in the lighting since that takes a really long time and has to be redone every time you go change the position of something in the level. Also her shadow is there but it is almost impossible to make out with the way it blends into the shadow of the tree behind her (Much easier to see when playing the game than from that still). The shadows you see are real time provided by deferred lighting but the are dialed back a bit to improve performance while working on the project. In the next day or so when all the game assets are finalized, the scene will be given a serious light treatment and it will start to look a lot better. At least I hope so.

Well that's it for now I need to get back to work on the project. I'll post some more shots later today as things start to come together. Glad to see you guys are liking it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by chronos78 View Post
    I'm not telling. You'll have to wait for the videos to see how we did it. But it is a really slick system.
    Agh! You're killing me here!
    Hello everyone and welcome to another 3DBuzz VTM, and tonight we'll be programming in Brain****!

looks great, cant wait to see your scenery structure techniques. I've been working on an MMO in unity and i would say by far the hardest thing for me is creating nice looking areas and landscapes

Curious to see how this all turns out, btw your waterfall is looking awesome!
    Dangerous. Mute. Lunatic.
    <Toastage>: and you're like "Ey Joe it is Smismar, I am belgium, ishn't that veird. Fix mai internetz or I cut you yehs?"

Nice pic! Glad to know that climbing animation is working out that well!

Epic... 0.o

This looks awesome! I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

Here are a few more teasers for everyone.

A look into the temple

The exit portal

And here is a video of the game in action.

The game in action.

Just about finished with getting the game mechanics and assets in place. Once they are done I'l move on to lighting, lightmap baking, occlusion baking and then it will time to rework the camera system that was developed for the MMO Tech Test to be a little less complex for this beginner project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mmo_warmup_04.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	70877   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mmo_warmup_03.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	70876  
    Last edited by chronos78; 10-18-2010 at 11:57 AM.

Oh that is niiiice. The screenshots aren't working for me yet as I indicated in the PM to you, but the video is great.

I'm very eager to see all the underlying structure of these things, especially the climbing. I heard that in games like Assassin's creed the entire level is peppered with forms of trigger box foot and handholds which may be similar to what you're doing, or you might be doing a more dynamic type of edge detection with raycasting.

Without seeing how you're doing any of that, I sort of have an idea that involves raycasting which would calculate the height that the player can jump to reach and seeing if the surface normals along the edge up to that height is dramatic enough to be able to climb, and then maybe another raycast from that point of climb out to a distance the width of the players body to determine if they'd even be able to fit up onto the ledge area that they're climbing on.
    Hello everyone and welcome to another 3DBuzz VTM, and tonight we'll be programming in Brain****!

sweet... DLing the video now... no screenshots in post #18 for me either, btw

I found
    my current avatar on google, so props to THIS GUY who created the original...

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast