Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My Simple 2D Shooter

About a week ago I downloaded Unity and start watching the C# tutorials. Unity is a really great tool. Anyway, I finished the videos and then decided to add more features to the game. This is what I ended up with after a few days of work. Hopefully soon I can add more kinds enemies and power-ups.

Hope you guys like it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9756074/build1.zip

Here is build 2. I made the playing area a bit larger and added a shield powerup.

Comments, Criticisms, and Suggestions are welcome.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9756074/build2.zip

Very good start you have here and I enjoyed playing it.

My suggestions would be to multiply your accuracy by 100 and round it so you report a whole number instead of a decimal where 1% is perfect, looks a little weird in my opinion. Also I'd decrease the number of hits the shields can take from 5 to 1 or 2 at most while decreasing the frequency of the shield power up makes the game way to easy otherwise. Other than that I would look at playing around with adding some more power ups like free lives or improved weapons but I'm sure you've already started thinking in that direction.

I agree with the idea of reducing the frequency of the shield power up and the number of strikes it will take. It did make the game really easy. Would love to see an option for multi-fire (2 bullets at once). I realize that may require inputting a new model of a ship, or you could make it look like the wings have guns? I pulled a model off of TurboSquid which has 2 weapons and the ship by default fires twice.

I'd also suggest trying to add more stars flying by, perhaps another layer on top and/or moving at a faster rate to make them look closer to the ones in the background?

But it looks great.

Link I noticed your game doesn't include audio, in the link you will find the same audio Jason used.

My game does have audio. I just tested it again. I have only tested it on my machine so maybe there is some other problem but it works on my machine.

It'll be nice if you could upload a mac build..

Here is a Mac build. I have no way to test it though.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9756074/build2_Mac.zip

Quote Originally Posted by hareljann View Post
    It'll be nice if you could upload a mac build..
    Who uses a mac??? Come on man!!!

I like the asteriods that split into two.. How did you do that??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast