Stuttering Sound - Windows 7 - I Need Your Help Please!

Guys, I need your help before I go insane. I bought a new pc a week or so back and since then the sound has been stuttering. It appears to be during hard drive access, When I run Chrome or open a Document etc.

I have tried a different sound card, I have updated the drivers for the onboard sound (Realtek HD). I have changed the hard drive mode in the BIOS from RAID to AHCI but the problem persists. I have also updated the RAID drivers.

I cant update the BIOS as I have the latest version, On occasions it seemed to happen when I moved the mouse so I even outed the USB mouse and used a PS2 one but still no luck. Im going insane... any ideas please?

This is the PC I bought http://www.ebuyer.com/product/200542 and this is the sound card I tried instead of the integrated one (issues still persist) http://www.ebuyer.com/product/48180 (I know its a crappy card but just wanted a cheap one to see if the problem was the integrated sound. BTW I removed the GFX card that came with it and im using my old 8800GT (I upgraded the PSU).

More information available if needed, It looks like some sort of conflict to me but im just guessing... One other thing, It doesnt seem to happen until about 20-30 mins after pc has been running but i may be imagining this.

Any help, advice or pointers very much appreciated!
    Last edited by phOny; 09-27-2010 at 04:30 AM.
    Complaining is like a rocking chair, It's fun for a while but it doesn't get you anywhere.

I assume you disabled the onboard soundcard before you tried the new one? I've had kinda the same problem on my PC. My entire pc seems to grind to a halt, and the sounds stutters for a while, and then suddenly all is well again. TUrned out I had some corrupt RAM. Have you run HDD diagnostics? RAM diagnostics?
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

Yes i disabled it in the bios, I havent checked the hdd or ram via diagnostics, ill look into that, ty
    Last edited by phOny; 09-27-2010 at 05:30 AM.
    Complaining is like a rocking chair, It's fun for a while but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Hey, long time no see.

If it really is taking 20-30 minutes before you notice the issues after starting the PC it rather suggests that something is overheating, once enough heat has built up inside. You could always check that the fans are working okay, and that any temperatures the motherboard is reporting aren't excessively high.

It may be that the processor is slowing down to avoid cremating itself in the heat, and the stuttering sound is the only thing you're noticing at this stage. It's worth checking anyway.

Hey Ben! Sorry, my fault but I should of made it clear... The PC is always on, its 20 or so mins after i start using it... but yes, it could still be overheating... something else to check, Thank you.
    Last edited by phOny; 09-27-2010 at 03:10 PM.

UPDATE: After trying virtually everything else I started looking at Software, When I bought the PC they gave me a free copy of Bullguard Internet Security so I installed that instead of AVG, I think you can guess the rest lol

As a reward for finding the fault I outed my 8800GT and bought a 5770 XXX 1GB card.

Thanks for all the advice.