Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: B1 Battle Droid

B1 Battle Droid

Hey all, I'm just posting progress on a new model for ultimately the UDK. Right now I'm working on a few reference planes because there seem to be none in the history of the internet, thought I'd share my progress.

Process right now is going slow mainly because I'm eye-balling it at the moment. Also there's a tonne of detail missing, yes, but its because I've not gotten around to it, or decided not to bother about it (it is a game model after all).

No, I dont plan to colour them. If anyone else wants to, go right ahead.

Maybe this can help you:

Badges are beneath me.

I'd seen the first image, but the other three are new to me and look like they'll help me greatly.

Thanks for that.

An update on the battle droid.

I think you have more than enough data to start the modeling process. With a model of this nature, any problems with proportion can be dealt with later through deformers (lattices). For what it's worth, i say jump right in. It is possible, on occasion, to get so caught up in the preparatory work that you sort of forget to just get the job done.

A common pit fall for myself. I do plan on getting a bit more detail done, such as working on an arm for the side view for reference, and fixing the top part of the torso on the front view. Both fairly simple jobs, so hopefully I'll be in Maya by the end of the week... trusting some important issue doesnt spring up.

Thanks for the replies.

And alas, said issues sprung up. That said, the images are finally done and I'm about to start the modelling process. I dont think I've ever been so happy to be rid of working in photoshop.

To Maya!

Well, a little bit of progress before I head off to bed.

The Torso geometry is a bit how-you-do, but it's 4am, so leave me alone! Lol. Also most of it is hidden by the back pack anyway... apart from that awful looking polygon on the side. Will fix that in the morning. Also need to add more geometry to fix the weird filleting.

Slow progress still, but I'm having fun modelling it at the moment.

Coming along fantastic!
    Please let me know when we are going to have some fun so I can pay attention.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast