Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: B1 Battle Droid

I'm in the process of making a film accurate battle droid myself, I'm using references from the full scale used in episode 1. Have you found any good clear shots of that backpack they have on their back?

Does this help:

Please let me know when we are going to have some fun so I can pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ttandc View Post
    I'm in the process of making a film accurate battle droid myself, I'm using references from the full scale used in episode 1. Have you found any good clear shots of that backpack they have on their back?
    Not from the movie model, no. I based my backpack off of the toy posted in the first page. Though, if it helps, here is the image plane I used for it.

Hope it helps.

Thanks but not really, the backpack from the toy is fine but I like to stick to the original material as much as possible.

Thanks Achania that first picture looks promising but it's a bit small to see the details for my eyesight. It appears to be another modelers attempt at the movie version.

Progress:

I've finally stopped procrastinating (and taking a break from other 3D commission work) to bone my droid.

Wait... that sounds horrible... I gave him bones... soon to be skinned.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present... my first fully rigged character!

Tadaa! Not only does this put me one step closer to getting this guy into the UDK, but it actually gives me something to properly practice animation on!

Take a bow!

Last edited by Kyle_Katarn; 02-24-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Awesome! You must be very proud! Cool.. now make him go shoot some jedi!

Very nice for a first
    The only way to fail is to give up or die...

Lol, sad news, I have to reskin the bloody thing because I didnt take the UDK's boning rule into consideration (bones have to always be facing down the X axis), so I have to go through each individual bone in the heirachy and realign and then reskin the entire thing lol.

Thanks for the compliments.

ouch.. that really stinks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345