Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: B1 Battle Droid

Haha, bring it. The with the cost of building one of your guys, I could pump out ten thousand, then we'll see who's the superior droid.

The eye has been fixed since the render to make it more round lol.

It's done.

Click the pics to get bigger versions.

Feedback will commence in 3... 2... 1... go! Lol.

I like it. Will it be textured and animated? Mind if I steal your image planes to possibly make my own?
    Please, call meg Johnny.

Photography 101!

My photography site

Quote Originally Posted by NinaCovington
    Hahahahaha! Yes!!!!! You are awesome, Clone!!!!

now this is gonna sound really dumb.. but i am trying my hand at soft surface modelling - organic sort of things with subdivison surfaces in blender... how do you model "hard" surfaces..

I am thinking the response is probably just as simple as -
    "umm.. you just do"... but thought i would ask anyway :P

is it something about placing 2x edges at an "edge"? so it just smooths the end and leaves the rest nice sharp and flat looking?

Oh and being a star wars fan.. i will need you to texture and pose a group of them being blown apart or blown off a cliff by a force push :P I think the model looks great btw

Clone: Go right ahead. Thanks for the compliment.

Sturok: You can do that, but I find just polygonally modelling the detail myself easier and saves on poly's (for example, this model is somewhere in the 140,000 mark, my high quality hailfire droid model is somewhere in the 1.7 million mark), and it's less of a pain in the ass to do so, for example, what if your surface doesnt loop an edge properly? You'd have to go and cut the faces yourself when you could just loop one line, bevel it and add as many segments as necessary to make it look good WHILE modelling it lol. And as for the next step, how does blowing them apart with a blaster yourself sound? I intend to use this in the UDK lol.

okay so you can scream some sort of crime against computer game religion.. but what game do i need to play content made with the unreal developer kit? because unreal is an engine right? or do i need an unreal game?

Lol, nah, the UDK was developed for people who wanted to make stand alone games! No unreal tournament, or gears of war needed lol.

oh well then.. let me know when i can blow them up! :P

Nice job... btw how did you make it without top view(you post on the 1 page side and front...) ?

Libco: Sorry I missed your post, (and sorry for the necro bump), but I found that you having a top view is more of a luxury than a necessity. Plus thanks to the many great references out there (the ones on the front page for example), I was able to just eyeball it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast