Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: B1 Battle Droid

Arm progress:

The hand was a bit tricky to pull off, so I didnt actually have it bulging out like in the original model.

Bit of a test render on what it looks like attached. Plus fingers.

Hand completed.

Starting on the head soon.

Wow, the head is such a damn complicated shape. Here's my progress so far.

Edit:

The head was bugging me, so I tweaked it to look a little more like the original (made it skinnier and longer), plus added that cool bevel on it.

Last edited by Kyle_Katarn; 10-05-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Eye holes.

Just a question, what do you people think of having like a Republic Commando type helmet HUD. Not all the elements pertaining specifically, I just mean the edges of the helmet appearing on screen. This is just for a single player type thing (and multiplayer if the Clone trooper side is chosen). For those who dont know what I mean:

As you can see, the helmet appears at the top of the screen and the two bottom cornets. That's all I'm talking about, not the health bar, shields etc.

I think the helmet Hud looks pretty neat, but it might limit some valuable real estate on the screen as far as gameplay goes. Essentially its cutting out like 10% of the screen. Perhaps a toggle option would be ideal, becasue I like the look but not sure If I would want it or not until I'm actually playing a game using it. Kind of brings you into the character more also.
    Nice progress on the droid! How did you cut that eye out?

Looks cool,you've got some nice shapes going on. Are you using Sub-D modelling for this?

Rich-M: Nah, just good old fashioned polygon modelling. It's the type I'm most comfortable with. Plus I'm not too sure what the workflow is for non-poly high detail models into low poly detail game models. (Any insight from anyone would be appreciated if it will help make my modelling process faster )

rsalek - You can always download a demo of the Republic Commando game (or buy it, it's gotta be in several bargain bins right now). It's low intensive on graphics so lots of people can play it, and it gives you a sort of demo to the type of HUD I'm thinking of. Kind of a big download though. I cut the eye out the old fashioned way, mainly because Maya's boolean operation seems to send everything to hell in a hand-basket if I try and bevel the boolean-ed edges. Like so:

Well, made some actual modelling progress today.

The end is near.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_Katarn View Post
    The end is near.
    The end wil be when your little robot by accident will meet my BIG Boy. He will need a looooooot of Force to survive such meeting .

Eye looks a little strange. A little jaggy. Like if you just cut it and didn't cleaned mesh later.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast