Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: B1 Battle Droid

Why thank you very much. Here's a bit more progress done, adding in the shoulders/arm cap thingy's. I also have a bit more done on the neck to head connector, but that's too small of a detail to render out atm.

Keep the feedback coming! Lol.

Here's the little progress I could manage today.

I know what you're thinking "those are some god awful torso-pivot thingies." I know, I hate them too, but personally, I cannot do any better, they are just too much of a complicated shape for what I can handle.

Only managed to get a small amount done tonight. As you can see, I've done the pelvic reigion and started on the legs. I've also done the parts that connect the pelvis to the torso, but you cant really see them due to the occlusion render.

C&C please.

Looking like solid progress to me, good stuff

you cant really see them due to the occlusion render
    How about a different sort of render/screeny/wires so people can get a better look at what you have going on?

Liking how this is shaping up and looking forward to more updates.
    There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Lol, sure. I'll eventually provide a wireframe render (when I figure out how :P).

Quite a bit of progress tonight. I knocked over another semi difficult shape (first being the pelvis lol), and added the rest of the leg, knee, and ankle. I'll be making a start on the foot tomorrow (after sleep), then look at maybe doing the arms, saving the most difficult part for last (the head). I'm actually getting kind of depressed that it's nearly done, this is probably the most fun I've had, modelling.

Thanks for the feedback, please keep it coming.

Is this Maya or Max? What kind of geometry are you using? Nurbs or polys? Seems like Nurbs would be the way to go for this guy. Looks good so far.

I'll eventually provide a wireframe render (when I figure out how :P)
    Fair do's
    I usually use mentalRay's contour shader or take a screen grab of the viewport in wireframe on shaded mode.

Looks like your making good progress there, keep those updates coming!
    There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Ooh, two comments. I'm special! Lol.

rsalek: This is modelled in Maya, and I'm modelling with polygons because I feel more comfortable with them.

faux: Lol, I tried messing around with the mental ray stuff (to a guide) but it didn't seem to work for me, so I'll wait 'til later when I can sit down and figure it out.

Thanks for the comments guys. I got the feet done on the droid, but there are some parts to it that are sloppy and not very well modeled. I'm going to leave them as is for now, because it's a foot, no one's going to be focusing on it in game lol. So I've opted instead to provide an overall progress render to show how it's turning out.

See that's the clue though, Is it for a game or just something to model? If it's for a game what kinda game? RTS? Shooter? MMO?

Nevertheless, the model looks amazing, I showed it to my "StarWars" fanboy friend and he was amazed, he then asked me to make one for him. heh.

Keep up the good work bud.
    Today, I become, a Beast Machine! Rawr!

Haha, I'm very flattered. I plan to make this a model for an FPS game in the UDK, so even when the player is close enough to focus on the foot, he'll either be dead, or just passing by lol. Anyway, I can fix us any knots in the normals in photoshop. And if you decide to make one for your friend, you can go ahead and use my planes if you want to lol.

Thanks again.

(New shot coming soon)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast