Get ProgressBar Value problem

Hi i recently picked up a copy of Mastering unreal technology: advanced level design concepts with unreal editor 3. Theres just one problem, i am using UDK.
    I was making my way through the UI tutorials when i came across the instruction to "create a new Get ProgressBar Value sequence (New action > Get Value > Get progressBar Value) With UDK i am incapable of getting that value in kismet. Is there any way i can work around this problem?

If it helps in the tutorial i'm supposed to be designing a game where u click a button to try to fill a progress bar meter up.
    Any help would be appreciated, Thankyou.

Don't quote me as the fact, but from what I am hearing, The built in GUI systems is going to be totally phased out for Flash based Scaleform GUI very soon. With in the next few releases it seems. I think this is a mistake, if that's true, myself but I think those that want it to stay and be fully supported are in the minority.

I know the tutorial you are talking about, I haven't tried it yet myself but i'll be keeping an eye out and on this thread.
    When all else fails... Keep Shooting at it...

Pipesfranco's Awesome Maya/Mudbox/Photoshop/UDK Videos
    [ Vid01 | Vid02 | Vid03 | Vid04 | Vid05 | Vid06 | Vid07 | Vid08 | Vid09 | Vid10 | Vid11 | Vid12 ]
    (And more on the way...)

is everything there in the udk version but it doesnt give you the value, or have they changed stuff round or removed the options?

Quote Originally Posted by rjmyth View Post
    is everything there in the udk version but it doesnt give you the value, or have they changed stuff round or removed the options?
    No the option isnt even there, the instructions are to right click the screen go to new action then new value then get progress bar value, however there is no get value option.

Essentially all UI Kismet actions were removed since UT3 was released as Epic doesn't believe Kismet was properly suited to UI design. Honestly, it makes doing anything with the UI System impossible without UnrealScript. You could recreate all the actions necessary to do those tutorials using UnrealScript or implement the whole thing in script, but since UE3 is moving to Scaleform and the UI System will be removed completely at some point, I would suggest skipping the UI System completely and learning Scaleform instead. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ffejnosliw View Post
    Essentially all UI Kismet actions were removed since UT3 was released as Epic doesn't believe Kismet was properly suited to UI design. Honestly, it makes doing anything with the UI System impossible without UnrealScript. You could recreate all the actions necessary to do those tutorials using UnrealScript or implement the whole thing in script, but since UE3 is moving to Scaleform and the UI System will be removed completely at some point, I would suggest skipping the UI System completely and learning Scaleform instead. Just my two cents.
    alright thanks, maybe it is time to learn scaleform... do you know where any good tutorials are?

tyvm you've been very helpful.