Our awesome contest is rolling along nicely! We've even reached our tenth contest! I'm actually glad people are interested in this, as seing your interest makes me interested in keeping theses "contests" coming. So, without further ado, our contest!

What are the rules?

*BIG EDIT*
All submissions should be in black and white.
Do not post the colour photo.
No sepia/tinting.
Black and white conversion can be done either in camera, or in Photoshop/Lightroom/whatever. (or by choosing B&W film!)
Don't go nuts on contrast enhancement/exposure adjustment. Minor adjustments are allowed.
Don't get arrested by taking photos of things that will make you look suspicious
*END EDIT*

No photoshopping allowed, besides cropping and changing a picture to B&W or Sepia, and making panoramas.
Post production editing is allowed. The editing done should be global, such as contrast, brightness, or overal tonal balancing (i.e. no sponge/dodge/burn, no brushes, vignetting, etc). Filters are prohibited. Any global editing should be used only to enhance the features that were captured in the shot to begin with. The only exception is converting to B&W or sepia.

Tell us what you did, unless it's staring us right in the face, in which case you probably shouldn't have done it ^^

Tell a bit about your image, and how you approached taking it.

What equipment do I need?

Well, as long as it can capture light and produce an image you can share with others, be it a analog camera, digital camera or maybe a cellphone camera, you are good to go.

How do we submit the pictures?

To make things easier for all of us, the kind and superior being that is mr_charism has supplied a 3dbuzz photo contest script that magically makes your images 3dbuzz-forum-friendly! I suggest using that, but you are of course free to choose any imagehost you like!

For those that intend to use the magic that mr_charisma conjured, the link is http://www.20papercups.net/image_upload

The theme

As decided by mr_charisma, it's black and white street photography.

It is almost a photographic documentary. The key here is the shots should be candid, with or without people, in public spaces. As with the film maker in a nature documentary, the photographer should not affect the world they are documenting.

Black and white is all about light and contrast. You have to think about composition in a different way. Black and white has this ability to really convey emotion

DEADLINE
The deadline will, as usual, be 3 weeks, meaning we end on August 30th, 23:59 GMT +2.

If there are any questions, just ask here.

Now let the photography commence!